In Memory Of That Old Road Of Roses And Thorns | Teen Ink

In Memory Of That Old Road Of Roses And Thorns

August 13, 2013
By Anonymous

Life hasn’t been a cake walk for me recently. Well, not that it usually is. It was more of that walk through a carpet of roses with a occasional prick of that thorns.
But, at the moment, it sucks so much that I can’t help but wonder how I haven’t burst out yet due to the amount of disappointments I am going through. Due to all that turmoil inside.
So maybe the list of things that have upset me isn’t that long. But it doesn’t need to be long because it has already made me go through enough trouble and I wonder whether I’ll be able to get away from my crest fallen state.
I am an avid reader and books have always been my best friends. Most of the books that I have read have taught me about patience, hope and faith. They tell me that eventually, everything will fall in the right place, no matter how wrong they seem at first. Stories in which I had my belief, until now.
Because of the unnecessarily imaginative mind that I have to possess, I can’t help but imagine myself in these stories. I try to understand ‘the right places’ and the ‘solutions’. As I am n the process of applying it to my own life, I face a sudden dead end. I myself don’t know what are the right places and the answers to my situation. Forget the solutions, I can’t even seem to figure whether all these things that I am going through, is it completely unfair towards me or is it the complete opposite?
A part of me wonders whether all that i am going through is plain unjust, or is it just the apt thing as I deserve it?