Shadow knight named Jace | Teen Ink

Shadow knight named Jace

By hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri
hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri

You don't have to like them to respect them

His eyes are like blue crystals that sparkle in the night. His skin is as pale as a ghost, his dark black hair has a unique shimmer to it. His voice is a whisper in the wind that makes a chill climb up my back.
When he walks, he is silent like a wolf. His sword flies through the air like a hawk soaring through the sky. He emerges from the shadows never hinting that he’s there until he’s right beside me.
Even though he fills me with fear I still have a hint of safety by him. No one knows he’s standing there right beside me not until they see a figure in the shadows.
His black jacket smells like death and danger. The necklace that drapes his neck is a symbol of his darkness. He is a knight of the shadows, hidden by his darkness and the horror of their secrets.
Every knight has secrets but his are some of the darkest ones. There are times when he refuses to come out of the shadows but I can fill his presents, right behind me all the time.
When I sleep he sits out side perched up in a tree. Around other people, he’s like a flower that’s in nitrogen beautiful but deadly, if you drop it, it’ll shatter like glass. Around me, he’s like a butterfly always landing lightly because he dose not want to hurt me, I’m his only connation to kindness.
He never speaks of the past always of the present, also never of the future. When he’s with me, he always seems far off.
When the light hits him he flinches, he runs to the shadows to get away from the light. That seems to be the only thing; he is terrified of, even though he runs my nightmares off.
There have been times when he remembers the painful memories. Lying beside me, he cries and whimpers.
When he sleeps he looks like a child of about 12.
My nightlight always terrified him until I told him it wasn’t really light, but until I put his hand under the light he thought I was trying to trick him. He always has a childish way of doing things.
He has no connections to the shadow people, just that he hides in their cloak of darkness. But the best thing about him is that even though he is a knight of the shadows he is trustworthy and a child of the moon.
He is a knight of the shadows named Jace. He is my knight of the shadows named Jace and always will be my shadow knight.

I hope every one can see him in your mind.

hhbunny13 GOLD said...
on Jan. 3 2014 at 7:23 am
hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri

Just because i used the name and some of the traits means nothing. I always try to find ways to make peolple think and I do as you say go out and find boy information, that's what I always do. I take traits from other boys in life and fiction that i like and build a boy that fits the profile of what ever i want him to fit.

hhbunny13 GOLD said...
hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri

I do that all the time and they come out a mix of what I read, the boys of to day, and what I want boys to be like

hhbunny13 GOLD said...
hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri

Yes the Jace in this poam is based off the one in the city of bones and so on. Thats how I write most of my things I take a boy from something I read and turn it in to something of my own

deleteddeletedFoff, Columbus, Ohio
good job but Jace is an awefully similair charector to that of the one in the Mortal Instruments...coincidence?