Max Speed | Teen Ink

Max Speed

By ChaseTheAce BRONZE, Springboro, Pennsylvania
ChaseTheAce BRONZE, Springboro, Pennsylvania

Power is not given it is earned.

My name is Max Reymen and there is nothing I love more than racing in a car.  I love the feeling I get when I pass a hundred miles an hour, and the sound of the engine rumbling.  I love the way it feels to grab the steering wheel, and the way things wish right past me.  Racing is what I live for.

I'm here to tell you about the final race of my career.  The race that changed my life.  It all started at the national race. 50 racers from America all compete for the title of national champion.  As soon as the race started I lowered my foot on the petal and sped up trying to maneuver my way to the front of the group, but every time I tried to turn and pass the person in front of me he would turn simultaneously.  I faked left and quickly went right.  Once I had passed him   I easily continued to pass the rest of the racers.  Passing them left and right.  I smoothly glided toward the front of the group until I eventually caught up to the car in the front of the group, and he wasn't so easy to pass.  I tried the trick that I used to pass everyone else, but he didn't fall for it.  When we turned he was on the outside of a track. 

I saw a small opening to his left.  I seized the opportunity and passed, but he wasn't far behind.  He was on my tail for the rest of the race.  We were finally on the last lap when he made his move.  As soon as I turned he tried to get ahead of me, but I quickly straightened out and put the pedal to the metal.  We were side by side as we approached the finish line. Both of us were going at full speed.  When we finally passed the finish line it was so close that nobody knew who won the race.  After viewing the replay it was revealed that I had won the race by a bumper.  That was one of the proudest moments of my life.  That was my last race.  I retired as the racing champion of America, but I will always miss the feeling of racing at max speed.

SPEEEEED

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

Nice one, buddy...I love Speeeeeeeeeeed...Check me out too...Vote My poem if you like it...