The Prince of Her Dreams | Teen Ink

The Prince of Her Dreams

May 20, 2009
By casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey
18 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."


The Prince of Her Dreams

Once upon a time there was a . . . “Wait, Wait!!!! This is not a fairy tale, but it is a story of a teenage girl with a secret crush. Amy Lawrence has had this crush for a few years. So you are probably wondering why it is still a secret. Simple, she’s a nerd and her crush, Matt Stevens, is the football captain, who right now is probably off with head cheerleader Brianna Dougherty. And who am I? I’m Amy’s little sister Jenny. I’m going off the facts in her diary so it’ll be a bit hard. But I’ll do my best. Here it goes.”

“Amy, wake up. You’re going to be late for school,” said Amy’s mother.
“Just a few more minutes, hey wait, today’s Saturday,” Amy said.
“Got you, you can go back to sleep for a bit longer,” her mom said holding back laughs.
“Nah, I’m already up, I’ll go eat breakfast and then get ready for work,” she said getting out of bed.
“Boing, Boing, I’m a bunny,” said Amy’s little sister Jenny as she bounced into the room.
Amy then chased her out of the room yelling Get Out!!!!! Then went downstairs for breakfast, and got changed. Amy rode her bike to Scoops Ice Cream Parlor ready to work. Right after she put her apron on, Matt Stevens walked in the door and walked up to her. She was stunned, it was her secret crush. All of a sudden she heard “one chocolate chip cone.” She snapped back into reality and made the cone, then handed it to him and saying it’s on the house.
“Thanks,” he said in his dreamy voice as he walked out the door.
“That’s coming out of your paycheck!” Amy’s manager said.
She didn’t care if she didn’t even get a paycheck, she was so happy she was the one who just given Matt ice cream.
The rest of the day flew by, so did Sunday. But one thing had happened; Matt and Brianna had broken up in Scoops! On Monday morning she was up and dressed by the time her mom got up. This wasn’t just because Matt and Brianna were over; it was because now she could ask Matt to the end of the year dance! She rode her bike to school and raced over to see Matt talking to Brianna. Amy felt her heart drop, she decided to move a bit closer so she could hear what they were saying. This is what she heard.
“Brianna, I’m sorry I wanted to break up before, but now if you aren’t already taken will you go back to being my girlfriend?” she heard Matt say.
Then Brianna said “Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend. I think you deserve another chance.”
Amy ran to the school with tears in her eyes. She bumped into her friend Cassie.
“What happened; did that jerk say no?” she said after a look at her friend’s face. “I’m going to go beat him up!”
“No, but he asked Brianna to get back together with him,” she said through the tears.
Cassie gave her friend a hug, then a tissue. They walked to class together. That night, Amy stared at all the pictures of Matt in her room. She tried to take them down but she couldn’t. Tuesday was boring, same stuff teachers always said at the end of the year. That night Amy stayed home thinking of the dance going on at the school. Cassie had gone to keep an eye on Matt and Brianna to make sure they didn’t kiss. If they did, Cassie would jump out and start screaming. Amy couldn’t bear to go.
The next day was the last of school. The entire day was full of year book signing. Amy used basic things like “have a great summer” and “see you next year”. She waited till the end of the day to write in Matt’s book. She wrote:
Dear Matt, I hope you have a great summer. Don’t forget to stop at Scoops. I wanted to tell you that I really, really, like you and I will always, but I see you and Brianna are happy together. When you’re happy, I’m happy. See you next year. From, Amy
She handed it to Matt and then said good-bye to her teacher. Then, she walked out the door never looking back.
The first day of summer vacation wasn’t the best. She just watched TV all day. The next day she was working at Scoops when Matt came in. He took one look at her and was speechless. She hadn’t noticed he had came in. When she saw him she blushed so deeply her cheeks looked like cherries. Then he walked up to the counter and asked to talk to her in private. They went outside and sat down.
“What do you want?” Amy snapped, not looking at him.
“I read what you wrote in my yearbook,” he responded slowly.
“So?” she said.
“So I wanted to tell you that I’m in love with you, too,” Matt said very quietly.
“You are?” Amy said feeling as if her heart had just flew out of her chest.
“I’ve always been, that’s why I always come in here for ice cream,” he said turning to her.
“How can I tell you really mean it?” she asked him.
“Like this,” he said moving towards her and then they kissed.
Amy felt like she was in heaven. Then she said
“I really like you, but what about Brianna?” she asked.
“She’s with Colin Walters, she’s his problem now,” he said.

They both started laughing and then went in for ice cream.

I think the facts from Amy’s diary are true because right now Matt isn’t with Brianna. He’s downstairs with Amy. I hope my life isn’t as dramatic as Amy’s. But then again she did get the guy. We have an older sister April. She’s actually the middle child. She went to some boarding school this year. She’ll be in the next book.