The Warriors Trial | Teen Ink

The Warriors Trial

By Hangman12 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
Hangman12 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa

Chapter 1
Wind pushed against the terracotta walls of the dozens of Lortallenland buildings resting in the capital of Sivapur on the swampy landmass of Lortallenland. Through the thin glass windows of one, several brown-skinned men stood with Springfield 03’s in hand, wearing thick fur coats over their bodies.
A fire burned brightly, lighting the dimmed building up, casting rays of light across bookshelves. Some of the most popular books rested on them freshly crafted shelves where an elderly man touched his fingers to the leather covers one at a time.
The old library was falling apart, and Kumar Samir was tasked along with his cousin, Vipul Samir to escort the librarian out of harm's way. The trial of the warrior was upon both of them, at the ripe age of 17. Their first task was to make sure the Librarian left the capital alive and well.
Kumar leaned against the terracotta wall, his black hair reaching down to his back and his brown eyes peacefully scanning the building for interesting books. His brother, Vipul Samir looked nearly identical to Kumar, with the exception being green eyes and having a shaved head.
“Kumar, brother. This task seems unfitting for a warrior’s trial, does it not?” Vipul said, breaking the silence in the building. “Waiting for this old gee-”
“Elder….Elder, brother” Kumar interrupted quickly, stopping his brother from speaking foul of the 97 year old Lortallen man. “I don’t like this trial very much, but if it allows us to fight for our country, then I will do it”
Vipul sighed and then walked over to the door, touching the wooden handle and then leaping back. Kumar raised his rifle at the sudden movement and kneeled, sighting in his rifle in case of an engagement.
“What is it Vipul!” Kumar yelled, flicking the safety off of his gun and proceeding toward the door slowly. Vipul looked at the door and then looked at Kumar.
“T-the Germans are here. Right against the door, I-I think they’re blocking us in” Vipul replied, his entire body shaking in fear at the mere name. “Didn’t the Germans sue for peace after Eden’s River?”
Kumar had no real answer for that question and instead, moved to the door and booted it twice. The man on the other side dropped outside, his Luger flying off into the snow of the mild winter.
As Kumar readied himself to take a Kraut’s life, he felt a cold metal touch the back of his skull. He knew that a German was about to take his instead. It all ended in the white flash of the Luger.

Written as a side story to Conflict to Bachien