No Turning Back Volume 3: Yokai Academy | Teen Ink

No Turning Back Volume 3: Yokai Academy

May 6, 2014
By HellsingSoldier13 SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
HellsingSoldier13 SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We do not think outside the box. We are outside the box, looking in."


Chapter 7: Nick's Airdrop

The next morning, Nick was awoken by Walter knocking on his door.

"Master Nick, I do hope you packed last night, the helicopter will be leaving in 10 minutes."

Nick groggily sat up in his coffin shaped bed.

"Yea I'm up."

Nick groaned. His eyes then widened,

"Wait did you say Helicopter?!"

Walter opened Nick's door and poked his head in, a warm smile upon his face.

"Yes I did say helicopter. It seems the school is hidden by means I'm not to say but we have permission to air drop you in."

Nick looked puzzled,

"Air drop? Doesn't that mean I'd have to jump out of the helicopter?"

Walter nodded,

"Alucard thought it would be best because it allows us to test out your healing abilities."

Nick got up and started to get dressed.

"So no parachute?"

Walter nodded.

"I'm afraid not Sir, but do not worry, if you don't heal as fast as we hope, the medical team there is just as good as our own."

Nick grinned stupidly.

"What is the height I'm supposed to be dropping from?"

Walter appeared concerned but answered anyways.

"50 feet. If it doesn't work, you might get a broken ankle."

Nick's grin turned devilish.

"Tell the pilot to go 150 feet up. I want to make a good entrance."

Walter shook his head but smiled.

"Of course sir, I'll let them know right away."

Nick soon walked out to the helicopter landing and hopped into the helicopter, his bags already there. The pilot looked at Nick and said,

"Are you sure you want to be 150 feet in the air? You might not make it."

Nick grinned,

"I'll be fine. I know it."

The pilot just shook his head and smiled.

"We'll be at the school in 20 minutes are you ready for the drop?"

Nick nodded excitedly. The helicopter rose into the air and took off towards the school. After about 20 minutes, multiple alarms started going off on the helicopter, Nick grew worried and decided to confront the pilot.

"What the hell is going on?!"

The pilot looked at Nick calmly and said,

"Calm down. The school is hidden behind some sort of shield that messes with electronics. The beeping you're hearing is the radio and autopilot going out temporarily. I have to fly this bird in myself so sit down and wait, we'll be there soon."

Nick nodded, but instead of going back to his seat, he sat down on the edge of the helicopter. The pilot soon said,

"Look below us, you can see the school."

Nick looked down and sure enough, there was a large building beneath them. Nick couldn't figure out why, but the school reminded him of an old abandoned mansion. The pilot tapped Nick on the shoulder and handed him his bags. Nick smirked and asked,

"When do I drop?"

The pilot looked down below,

"Now would be a good time."

Without even thanking the pilot, Nick dropped out of the helicopter, his rapid descent to the school grounds having started.
Chapter 8: The Grand Entrance

As Nick plummeted towards the school below, several people looked up and to find a dark blur shooting straight at them. As Nick had suspected, several of the students scattered, scared out of their wits. The sight of them running around like a bunch of headless chickens amused Nick. Some of the students, however, pointed up at him and seemed to prepare some sort of attack. Nick started to laugh maniacally,

"The looks on their faces when they realize I'm not a threat but actually a new student."

Nick was getting pretty close to the ground so he braced himself. One person was pointing at him and following Nick's descent like as if he was dropping in slow motion. In the blink of an eye, Nick made contact with the ground, crushing a large portion of it and sending out a miniature shockwave from where he landed. Nick felt jarred from his landing but otherwise was unhurt. This was when Nick realized he was holding his breath and had his eyes clenched shut. Nick slowly exhaled and opened his eyes, the sight before him nearly made him double over with laughter.

At least ten students had been standing nearby and every single one of them had been knocked flat on their backs. Nick slowly stood up and realized his back was stiff so he popped it, along with his neck. The ten students had recovered and were currently staring at Nick in total shock as they realized he was wearing their uniform. Nick slowly scanned the people and noticed a familiar patch of pink hair. Instead of running straight over to Moka, Nick casually strode towards her and held out his hand. Moka looked up at Nick, not recognizing him because of the transformation, and took his hand. Nick smiled warmly and spoke,

"Sorry about that. I didn’t think I'd cause that much of a disturbance."

Moka's eyes glazed over as she tried to remember where she had heard that voice before but shook it off.

"Thank you."

She said, looking at him and smiled.

"You're welcome. It's always nice to help out a kinsperson."

Moka looked at Nick confused before she realized what he meant.

"You're a vampire?!"

Nick nodded slowly and smiled again. Just as Nick was getting acquainted with Moka again, a male with brown hair walked up to Moka and asked her if she was alright.

"Of course I'm alright silly! I was just surprised by our new friend here."

The male looked at Nick, nervous and a bit hesitant.

"H-hi. My n-name is T-Tsukune."

Nick held out his hand and Tsukune took it, shaking it warmly.

"Nice to meet you Tsukune. And you too Moka." Nick said a smile on his face.


Chapter 9: True Feelings Tested

After being introduced to Tsukune, Nick went with him and Moka to class. When Nick entered the classroom, he noticed the teacher had cat ears and a tail.

"That's a weird costume to be wearing in front of students."

Nick thought to himself as he handed the teacher a note explaining he was to be joining this class. The teacher smiled and turned to the class.

"Class we have a new student joining us today! Please give a warm welcome to.... Um what did you say your name was?"

She said turning to Nick, looking a bit lost. Nick kept a blank face and with a serious tone said,

“I never said my name. I don't have a name, at least for the time being. But if you insist on calling me by a name. You can call me Jack."

The teacher looked at Nick concerned for a moment but then smiled warmly.

"Well Jack, my name is Ms. Nekonome. I can see you've already met Tsukune and our star student, Moka."

Nick nodded briefly and then went to find a seat. Ironically, there was an open seat was right next to Moka. Nick took his seat and class started. A few hours later, Nick was slowly wandering around the school when he spotted Moka and Tsukune talking privately. Normally, Nick would have to get closer to hear them but since his transformation, his hearing had improved.

"Look Moka, I know I've only known you for a month now but if feel that if I don't say this now, I'll never be able to say it,"

Tsukune said looking at Moka nervously.

"What is it?"

Moka asked, curious.

"Ever since I've met you, I've found that I've been attracted to you. So I was wondering if you'd like to be with me."

Moka blushed as she heard this. Nick knew she was thinking this over so he gently pushed into her mind, another perk of being a vampire.

"I don't know if I should do this. What would Nick think if he ever found out?"

Nick smiled slightly at this, hoping she would stay loyal. Suddenly, he could no longer hear her thoughts. As soon as that happened, Moka nodded and kissed Tsukune on the lips. Nick eyes widened as he felt something inside him crack. Nick could no longer think, but on an impulse, he charged straight towards Tsukune after Moka had broken the kiss. Within seconds, Nick had Tsukune up by the throat pressed up against the wall. Moka saw this and exclaimed in surprise,

"Jack! What are you doing?! Put Tsukune down right now!!"

Nick looked at Moka, the life in his eyes had vanished which caused Moka to shiver slightly.

"Fine I'll set down my replacement."

Nick said coldly as he threw Tsukune at Moka. Moka looked at Nick in shock.

"What are you talking about?!"

Nick looked at Moka then spoke.

"One month ago, I admitted my feelings for you. You in turn admitted that you felt the same way. Before you got on the bus taking you to this school. We shared our first kiss. Granted when you saw me I looked completely different."

Moka eyes widened as she realized who was standing before her.

"N-nick?!" I thought you were human?!"

Nick looked at her, pain is his eyes.

"I was human. The night after you left, I was attacked by a group of people. Trying to fight them off, I was hit by a semi and killed. But before I died, a vampire came to me and offered me a second chance at living which I took."

Moka just stared at Nick, there was hurt in her eyes as she figured out that Nick had seen everything that had just happened. Nick turned around and started to walk away, as he did this, the sky darkened and Nick felt a cold raw power emanate from behind him. The next thing Nick felt was a sharp pain in his head.