No Turning Back Volume 4: The Strength of Loyalty | Teen Ink

No Turning Back Volume 4: The Strength of Loyalty

By HellsingSoldier13 SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
HellsingSoldier13 SILVER, Dayton, Ohio

"We do not think outside the box. We are outside the box, looking in."

Chapter 10: Tsukune's Mistake (Nick vs. Moka)

Nick was sent flying the moment he felt the pain in his head. Nick quickly recovered by sliding across the ground. The first thing that went through Nick's mind was that Tsukune did that. Nick turned around to confront the idiot but was shocked by what he saw.

Tsukune was on the ground and standing next to him was Moka, but she looked different. Her hair was now silver; her sea-green eyes now a dark red. She appeared taller and her bust was larger. Nick looked at her confused, as he did, Moka tried to kick him again. In that instant, Nick's instincts kicked in and he ducked.

As he ducked, he placed his palms on Moka's stomach and pushed, this sent her head over heels for about 15 feet. Moka got up and looked at Nick.

"You're gonna pay for that. KNOW YOUR PLACE."

She sent one last kick at Nick, this one again aimed at his head. But Nick was too fast for her, as her foot sailed towards him; Nick lashed out with his hand and caught her leg. Moka stared at Nick in shock.

“You don’t know who you’re up against.”

With this, Nick slammed Moka into the ground, cracking it. Moka let out a loud gasp and then fell limp. Tsukune got up and quickly ran over to Moka, checking to see if she was still alive. Nick didn't care at the moment. He spun on his heel and walked away.

As he left, several nurses ran past him to Moka. Upon seeing this, Nick ran off. He climbed up to the top of the school and started crying, finally realizing what he had just done. For several hours, Nick cried. At one point, he heard footsteps. He looked up to see a man dressed in a hooded robe. The man said nothing but instead, held out a piece of paper. Nick took the paper and looked at it. On it was a map to the infirmary ward. Nick looked up to thank the man but he was gone. Upon looking over the map again, Nick leaped off the school roof and made his way to the infirmary.

Chapter 11: The Infirmary Visit

As Nick walked off to the Infirmary, he thought over what had happened. His head still hurt from where Moka had kicked him. Or was that Moka? That female almost looked like Moka except she was bigger, hotter, and more deadly. Who was this girl Nick had met? Nick was curious but first things first, he had to apologize to Moka for what had happened.

On the way to the Infirmary, Nick caught the whispers of students who were nearby. Some were saying that he had attacked Moka for no reason. Others were saying that Moka attacked him unprovoked. Nick looked down at his hands and remembered the sheer power he seemed to hold even in his normal state. Nick made a mental note to call Walter and see if he had anything to help keep his power in check.

After some time, Nick arrived at the Infirmary. He walked up to one of the nurses and asked where Moka was.

"Ah you must be Nick; the Headmaster said we should be expecting you."

Nick looked confused for a moment, and then he realized that the hooded man must have been the Headmaster. The nurse guided Nick to Moka’s bed, her head was bandaged and she had a butterfly stitch on her left cheek. Nick remembered hearing a CRACK when he slammed what he assumed to be Moka into the ground.

"Um, were there any other injuries besides what I can see here?"

Nick said to the nurse, nervous of what she would say.

"I'm afraid her back is broken."

Nick cringed as he heard this; the nurse placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry though, she's a vampire, she should recover in about three days."

Nick's face turned pensive as he remembered his air drop, he remembered how he had felt his legs break, but also remembered how they had quickly healed.

"Maybe male vampires heal faster than females or I'm a completely different breed."

Nick had said to himself, not knowing if the nurse had heard. Thankfully she didn't because the nurse had turned to walk off. Nick looked around for a chair, but the only one he could find was occupied by Tsukune. Nick's blood started to boil at the sight of him, but he kept his cool. Instead of lashing out at Tsukune, Nick tried to see if Moka would wake up. After several minutes of gently shaking her shoulder with no avail, Nick bowed his head and closed his eyes, deciding to wait until she awoke.

After what seemed like only seconds, Nick thought he heard his name. At first, Nick ignored it because he thought Moka could not have woken up that easily. After several more times, however, Nick's eyes snapped open and quickly readjusted to the darkness of the room. Nick was puzzled until he saw a clock; it read 1:45 am. Again Nick heard his name, he looked around and saw that Moka was sitting up, looking at him.

"You finally got up. I've been saying your name for the past five minutes."

Nick's eyes narrowed as he looked over Moka's slightly sillouheted body. He could see more bandages wrapped around her chest and continuing down, the rest hidden by Moka's blanket. Nick's throat tightened as he saw the extent of what he had done.

"Oh Moka I'm so sorry."

He managed to choke out, tears starting to stream down his face.

"I never meant to hurt you, here and I went and broke your back."

Moka looked at Nick, sorrow in her eyes.

"It's my fault Nick."

She said sympathetically,

"I shouldn't have kissed him. I should have stayed true to you. Can you forgive me?"

Nick nodded then said,

"I forgive you but I can't forgive myself for what I did to you."

Moka scooted over in the medical cot she was sitting in and patted the spot next to her, indicating for him to sit with her. Nick reluctantly stood up; his legs cramped then instantly relaxed, for he had been squatting next to her bed, he sat down on the bed with her. The moment he sat down, Moka gingerly placed her arms around him and kissed him softly.

"I don't care if you don't forgive yourself. I already did."

Nick smiled softly at her caring words.

"I can live with that."

He said. Nick then got up from the cot, answering to Moka's protests with

"Just wait will you. I got an idea."

Nick walked over to where two medical cots lay unoccupied. He gently lifted up one and brought it to the other so that they were side by side. Nick then grasped the cot legs and crushed them together so that they wouldn't move if someone were to lie down. He then walked back over to Moka, gently scooped her up, and brought her to the makeshift two-person bed he had just made, and placed her in it. He then sat down on the bed and stretched out. Moka scooted closer to Nick and snuggled into his chest. Nick grabbed one of the blankets that were on the cots and covered Moka and himself up.

Chapter 12: Nick's Restraints

The next morning, Nick awoke to find Moka curled into him. At first, Nick couldn't figure out why she would do this, and then he remembered what had happened last night. Nick slowly got out of the makeshift bed, making sure not to wake Moka. After getting out of bed, Nick leaned over and softly kissed Moka on the cheek. Nick heard a soft and affectionate "Aww" from one of the nurses that was in the Infirmary. He walked over to one of them, asked for a piece of paper and pencil, and wrote a note to Moka telling her he would return later.

After leaving the Infirmary, Nick headed towards the school phones to call home. When Nick arrived at the phones, he realized he didn't know the number to the Estate. As if on cue, one of the phones rang. Nick walked over and picked up the phone.

"Is this school boy?"

The voice asked, Nick instantly recognized the voice as Alucard.

"This is him. How'd you know I needed to call?"

Alucard chuckled slightly, his voice sounded colder over the phone.

"You forget you don't need a phone boy. You are a vampire after all."

Nick's face grew hot as he remembered this.

"No need to get so angry. I figured with everything that has happened you'd forget that."

Alucard continued. Nick's face blanched as he realized Alucard had been in his mind the entire time he had been at school.

"S-so you saw what happened last night?"

Nick asked a tad bit embarrassed that Alucard had seen a private moment.

"Not all of it, just the first few minutes. Afterwards I busied myself with more entertaining things."

Alucard said coolly. Nick sighed with relief and said,

"Well if you know that I needed to call, then you should know why I needed to."

Alucard drummed his fingers, Nick's ears picking up the noise.

"Yes I know, Walter should be there at the school within the hour with your restraints and your finished weapon."

Nick continued talking with Alucard for a moment, thanked him for the help and hung up. Fifteen minutes passed, and the helicopter that Nick had dropped from landed in the schoolyard. People gasped and crowded around the helicopter. Nick managed to squeeze through the crowd to meet Walter who was waiting for Nick with an ebony colored box and a duffel bag. Nick smiled at Walter and looked at the box, knowing his finished shotgun was in the duffel bag.

"What's in the box Walter?"

Nick asked, already knowing it had something to do with the restraints he asked about.

"These are your "special" items that you requested. Take this box and open it only in your dorm. There you can do what you deem necessary with your new items."

Nick grinned and thanked Walter who had hopped back into the helicopter. It rose up and took off, leaving Nick surrounded by gawking people, one in particular who had been watching Nick since he had seen him in class.

When Nick opened the ebony box, he found a pair of jet black gloves, each with a blood red pentagram fixated in the center. Around the pentagram were odd symbols. The symbols, Nick thought, probably had something to do with working for Hellsing so he ignored it. Finding that the gloves fit snugly, Nick decided it would be best if he wore these at all times.

Before heading out, Nick opened the duffel bag to look at his finished gun. It was still solid black but the silver trim was replaced by a deep crimson. Etched on the side in pure white were the words, "To serve and protect The Lord Jesus Christ, Amen." Next to the words was the name "Aries". Nick grinned at the name and placed the gun back in its bag and headed off to class.

Chapter 13: Nick's Promise (Moka's Truth Revealed)

As Nick entered class, everyone looked up at him. Nick stared back at them all, a blank look on his face.

"Good Morning Jack! You're a little late. Is there a reason why?"

Ms. Nekonome said with what Nick swore was a purr. Nick turned to Ms. Nekonome and spoke.

"I was down in the Infirmary visiting Moka."

Ms. Nekonome's ears flattened.

"Well I hope she recovers soon."

Nick nodded.

"Before I head to my desk, I have a few things I must say to the class. Would you be so kind and hand me a piece of chalk?"

Ms. Nekonome, along with the rest of the class, peered curiously at Nick as he walked to the board and begun writing. After several minutes, Nick stepped away from the board and turned to face the class. Upon the board Nick had written,

"My name is not Jack. My Name is Nick Itou. I work for the Hellsing Organization, a group of specially trained people who work for the Queen of England. I am far stronger than I look so I warn you now not to mess with my friends. If anyone decides to try anything against them, I will personally deal with you."

Several of the male students laughed, some of the female students looked at him in a new way. Ms. Nekonome, however, didn't really like what he wrote.

"Well Mr. Itou, I don't really think you should be threatening my class."

Nick reached into his pocket and pulled out some sushi, and tossed it to Ms. Nekonome.

"That wasn't a threat that was a promise."

After class ended, Tsukune nervously stepped over to Nick. He was practically shaking himself out of his shoes.

"Um Nick was it?"

Nick looked at him coldly,

"What?"

Tsukune bowed his head slightly,

"Look I'm really sorry about yesterday. I didn't know that you and Moka were together. It was even worse when I removed her rosary causing her to become her true self."

Curiosity flickered in Nick's eyes at these words.

"I might think of forgiving you, but, you've got to help me out first."

Tsukune appeared surprised.

"M-me help y-you?!"

Nick nodded.

"It seems you know something about Moka that I do not."

Tsukune appeared pensive for a moment.

"You mean her Rosary and her True Self?"

Nick nodded slowly,

"For someone like yourself, you catch on pretty quick."

Tsukune looked happy to be helpful.

"So what exactly do you want to know?"

Nick thought this question over for a moment before responding.

"That girl I fought yesterday, you said that was Moka's True Self right?"

Tsukune nodded.

"Yes that was her true vampire form."

Nick's curiosity grew.

"How exactly did her True Form come out?"

"Well, when I first met Moka, she told me never to remove her rosary because she would become really scary if I did."

Tsukune said, trying to figure out why Nick wanted to know this.

"So basically her Rosary is a restraint?"

Nick asked. Tsukune nodded.

"Yea you could say that."

Nick thought over what he just learned.

"Alright Tsukune I forgive you. But try something like that again and you'll be one of the ones that promise was to.”

Tsukune gulped as Nick walked off.