Dear Thor | Teen Ink

Dear Thor

December 12, 2013
By Kinners GOLD, Haven City, California
Kinners GOLD, Haven City, California
19 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm a TEMP from CHISWICK!!"

-Donna


By now, the funeral services will have been held for me and you should be over your grief more or less by now. You’ve cried, your brother is dead, it’s over with. Except it isn’t. I offer an antidote to your suffering. For my corpse is not in that casket--it lives and breathes, and is halfway across the Nine Realms by now. Brother, this is Loki, and I live.

But before you ask, no--I am not coming home. You were right; one controls this would-be king. One who seeks to wreak his revenge on me now that I have failed him. The first time you thought I was lost, I had not planned to survive, nor did I intend to. But I assure you that my second death was another of my tricks, however cruel it may be. But do not try to find me. I am going off the grid for a while, and the mere knowledge that I live is endangering you.

If you couldn’t tell from my wordplay, I am not as bitter as the Loki you knew of late. And it’s because I’ve come to realize that you were right. Regardless of the technicalities of my birth, you were my brother, and I yours. Simply because I never received half the glory that you did is no reason to betray you the way I did. I honestly don’t know what I was thinking, nor do I ever hope to redeem myself. All I know is that I’ve messed things up to the point of no return, and I can’t go back.
Even so, I’m sorry.
I am so, so unbelievably sorry.
I hurt you. I hurt Sigyn. And I hurt our dear mother Frigga. If only she could see me now, not as the cowardly trickster I was, but as the lowly fugitive I am. What do you think she would think of me, Brother? What do you think?
Well, regardless, this is how it is. And nothing will change this. Do not reveal the contents of this letter to anyone. Not even Sigyn--I will tell her separately. If at all. I may return eventually, if this steaming mess cools enough for me to rear my ugly head once more. But if I don’t, don’t take it personally. I may not even survive to consider the notion.
Lastly, I forgive you. And I love you, as I always should have.
Oh, and by the way--I left you a hint. When you were speaking to Odin about why you didn’t want to be king? That was me. But I slipped up: instead of saying ‘one son who wanted the throne too much’ I said ‘one son who wants.’ Honestly, brother, I thought you were more clever than that.
Oh well. I guess it’s my lot in life to be clever.
Try not to get yourself killed, eh? I’ll try if you will.
Signed, Loki


The author's comments:
After watching Thor 2, I wrote about two hours' worth of amazingly depressing Loki fanfic. But this isn't all of it--this piece only took me 15, 20 minutes. I've got more coming up, including a new OC~