19 Years later - Harry and Ginny's Story | Teen Ink

19 Years later - Harry and Ginny's Story

By clairebearpwns SILVER, Marietta, Georgia
clairebearpwns SILVER, Marietta, Georgia

"What in the name of Merlin's most baggiest Y fronts was that about?" -Ron Weasley {by:JK Rowling}

19 Years later – Chapter 1

*Disclaimer I do not own any of these characters, nor am I trying to claim ownership, and they all belong to J.K. Rowling, along with the settings and names. Also I am aware the beginning is very similar to the epilogue in the Deathly Hallows, but I am only using it as an entrance.*

It was a bright, sunny morning as the Potter family made their way to King’s Cross Station. They swiftly made their way in between platforms 9 and 10. “Are you sure I’ll make it dad?” a worried Albus called. “Positive”, was the reassuring reply he got. “Harry you go ahead and take Albus and James, and I’ll follow you with Lily.” Albus braced himself for a sure crash, but was pleasantly surprised when he made it. “Not so bad eh?” James asked slyly. Albus felt himself blush slightly, but felt better after he heard his father reminding James about his nervousness before going to Hogwarts.

“Bye James!”, “Bye Albus!” Ginny called, as her sons boarded the scarlet Hogwarts Express.” Bye mum!” they chorused together. Albus caught his father’s eye, motioning for him to come over next to his window, as he leaned out. “Dad what if I-“ “You’ll be fine Albus Severus, you are named after two of the greatest men I have ever met.” “But dad” Albus started is a low whisper, “I’m scared…” “Don’t worry Hogwarts is the best in the world, I considered it as my home while I was there.” “Remember send letters anytime you want your mom and I will be waiting for news.” “See you at Christmas dad!” James called as the train started to leave. “Bye Al” Harry said softly as he watched his son being carried away into the distance. “Don’t worry too much about him.” Ginny said playfully to Harry. “I know” Harry said just as playfully and even more slyly “I have you.”

“Oh it’s so lonely here without the boys.” Ginny said wistfully, a week later. “You have me!” said Lily, pretending to be offended. “Lily Luna, how could I ever forget you?” Ginny cried. “But you know what I mean the boys are always so loud and….” Ginny trailed off. “Well I have the perfect solution!” Harry said as he entered the room. “Ron and Hermione invited us to dinner.” He said looking at Ginny. “And I’m sure Hugo would be pleased to see you.” He said now looking at Lily. “Yay!” Lily cheered. “That would be lovely.” Ginny said. “Good” Harry replied “because I already told them yes.”
“ ‘Ermione” Ron called, his mouth stuffed to the limit with food. “This is delicious!” Hermione beamed. “She’s been working all day on this dinner.” Ron whispered to Harry. It was indeed delicious, however as a dinner of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, sprouts, Treacle tart, and pumpkin juice.
“So how’s Rose doing at Hogwarts?” Harry asked Ron and Hermione. “We reckon she’s fine, she’s already sent us three letters.” “We’ve only gotten one from each so far.” Ginny recounted. “They’ve both been down to Hagrid’s already, James has gotten a detention, Albus is in Gryffindor, and James is making fun of him still, oh and Albus says he’s good friends with Rose and has already made enemies with Scorpius. There was mixed reactions at this news. Ron and Harry grinned; Hermione looked half exasperated, half amused and Ginny just looked plain confused. “You know Malfoy’s son.” Harry added for Ginny’s benefit and her confused look also turned to a small grin. “I just hope they don’t take it as far as you and Draco did.”
Later when Harry and Ginny were in bed and Harry was just falling asleep, Ginny started talking. “Do remember our sixth year?” she asked suddenly. “Uh-huh” Harry said sleepily. “I miss that” “Me too” Harry said suddenly more awake now. “That first kiss, right after we won the Quidditch Cup.” Ginny said reminiscing. “Ginny, don’t ever let me forget that I love you.” Harry said suddenly snogging her fiercely. “I won’t” Ginny said snogging just as fiercely back.
“Bye Gin!” Harry called as he was leaving for work the next morning. Harry was an Auror, a dark wizard catcher. Now that Voldemort was gone his work was not nearly as hard or life threatening, but there were still people to chase down just the same. Ginny was a seeker on the Holyhead Harpies Quidditch team and had an easy schedule playing a game every so often and practicing a couple times a week. “Bye Harry, come home in one piece!”
As Harry walked to the end of the property to apparate to work (they had a security charm around the house) an owl nearly knocked him over. He recognized it as his sons’ that they shared. He tore open the letter, and read-

Dear Dad,

Hogwarts is going well. Well besides Scorpius (who is being a real git, always trying to curse me). Anyways I was writing to tell you that I was made the new seeker for the Gryffindor team! They said I was the youngest since you! I think James is really jealous, in the practice right after I got made seeker he missed every single goal (James is a Chaser). James, Professor Neville, and Hagrid send their love. I miss you and I can’t wait ‘till Christmas,
Love, Albus Severus

Harry nearly fell over from shock, his son filling his place on the Gryffindor Quidditch team! It was a dream come true! He ran back to the house as fast as he could, and slipped in the hall. “Harry?” Ginny called hesitantly. “GINNY!” “Merlin’s beard, Harry you almost gave a heart attack, Ginny cried clutching her chest. “It’s- Albus- -he- made- the –house- team!” Harry gasped. “Oh Harry that’s wonderful!, I’ll bake him a cake, and he needs a broom, oh I wonder which broom he should get, I’ll just ask him and I need a- “Hold on Ginny!” Harry yelled. “Oh sorry” Ginny said grinning sheepishly. “Here’s some parchment and ink and a quill, write him a reply, I’ll write a message at the end”.

Ginny’s whole day was filled with happy thoughts, about her son at Hogwarts. Ah, Ginny thought, I have the best family in the universe!

TessaDreamAuthor_3000 PLATINUM, Tomball, Texas

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
" Balance your life with spiritual experiences that remind and prepare you for continued, daily ministering to others." - M. Russell Ballard
"Love is expressed in a smile, a wave, a kind comment, a compliment." - Thomas S. Monson

Loved this!!!

HermioneGranger_estbay BRONZE, Wagga Wagga, Other

'We are as strong as we are united, weak as we are divided'
-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

that was great! it was a little different to the cursed child but i like it anyway.

myaeger said...
l am by no means a teen ager, I have two of my own.  I read the first page, and this is pretty good. LOok forward to reading the rest. I came across it quiet by accident, and like i said I look forward to reading more. You're a budding writer it seems. I just looked at the last post dated as july 2010 I hope you still get this. Great work!

sparkofheart GOLD, Plymouth, Minnesota

"Always" - Severus Snape

omg really?? i'll totally read them!

aww thank you so much! :]

p.s. the 2nd and 3rd chapters are also up...hope u can read them too ;)

sparkofheart GOLD, Plymouth, Minnesota

"Always" - Severus Snape

oh my gosh sooooo good!!!! im in love with this story :) great job!