Fly Forever | Teen Ink

Fly Forever

December 9, 2011
By DooRonRon SILVER, Barstow, California
DooRonRon SILVER, Barstow, California
5 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
If life hands you lemons, squirt juice in the enemy's eye!
"Dying would be an awful big adventure."- Peter Pan


I try to fly. I lift my head to the sky and feel lost in all the blue. I slowly close my eyes and heart, while gently lifting my arms; as if I am trying to reach for the sun. I breathe in deeply, forcing myself to drink every ounce of air I could possibly take. I clear my mind of everything but the open sky and what it holds. I know if I try hard enough I could fly away from all of this. From this bad place; from these bad people. I know I can fly and never stop. I will never grow tired. So I began to run, faster and faster, until my two legs are one. I feel my body slowly ascending. I began to feel weightless, as if I am one with the sky. My feet no longer crave the ground. I have left, never to return. I start to rise; higher and higher, until I can no longer make out what is below me. The air hits my face and I welcome it freely. This is where I belong. This is where I am meant to be. No one can hurt or touch me. I am flying and I know I never will stop.


The author's comments:
I was feeling overwhelmed and wanted an escape, and since I couldn't run anywhere; I decided to run in writing. And Fly is where I found myself.