I Am... | Teen Ink

I Am...

February 18, 2011
By lilmo23 PLATINUM, Pompano Beach, Florida
lilmo23 PLATINUM, Pompano Beach, Florida
27 articles 4 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have.


I am not a normal person; I don’t have the same human feelings you do. I am not usual; I am not unusual. I am a very sad and sorrowed person, and yet I am always smiling. I am unexpected but expected at the same time. I am what you are not, yet you cannot reach my standards even if you tried. I can’t explain myself any clearer. I am THE I AM!

I may be different, but I am going through the same things you are dealing with, literally, the same things.

I want to spend these pages talking about how I came to know you.

You may already know the story, but maybe, you are not as smart as I thought you were. I must assume you are the latter, because I know you very well, and I know what actually goes on in your head.

It was the first day of school. You were 14 years old and going into high school! What a grand achievement you thought it was, until you stepped into the building.

Do I have to mention how scared you looked as you pushed your way through the jumble of intimidating high school kids, the stares that burned painfully into the back of your head. The mocking smirks that followed, “Oh, look at the little freshman!”

I don’t think you want to remember that day, but it was a huge part of our relationship, whether you knew it or not.



I watched with a huge smile on my face as you squeezed your hazel eyes shut and begged me to help you. Now, you might be thinking that you never asked me for help, but really, you did.

Did you notice how when I was around, you were left alone? Your fear was practically gone, and I led you to many great friends, besides me, of course. ?

I always look back on that day and I knew that this just the beginning of a wonderful life for you.



I am going to skip a little to your Graduation Day. May 23. You had grown. You were closer to me than to your parents. You really did love me.

I clapped along with all the other parents and friends as you were handed your diploma. I knew you would change the world, one person at a time.

Let me just remind you how your life wasn’t exactly what you would call perfect. You still were tested in many different ways, but we don’t need to remember those times. I have forgiven you. FORGIVE, FORGET. Anyway, you passed all these challenges because you trusted in me, and you beat them.



I watched with tears in my eyes as you told your darling, little children about me. You said that they could be my friend, too. They all accepted that great offer. Now I watch out for them, too. I love watching you go to work every day and never forget me. I am always with you. You have shown many at work my love as well. You did a great job.


Now for the day that makes me the happiest ever. The day is the day that you fall asleep and wake up in my arms. You are done with what you were born to do on earth. Now you can actually talk to me face to face.

I know how hard it is for your family. Don’t worry; I am taking care of them... and I am already excited for when they will meet me as well.

I wrote this to remind you of what you have meant to me. How you have loved me to the end. I love you, too.


John 3:16

‘For I so loved the world that I gave my only, begotten son, so that whoever believes in me shall have everlasting life.’