Alone (part 1) | Teen Ink

Alone (part 1)

By Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other
Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."

I stared at the floor, with a disconcerted look in my eyes. All the memories played repeatedly in my mind like a series...of flashbacks.
The rain beat down on my window, a little louder than before. I lifted my gaze towards the dark glazed windows of my bedroom, heavy clouds scattered the sky which now wore a forlorn aura.
My eyes reverted to the cold floor of my bedroom, i could feel the draught as it ruffled beneath my feet.
I shivered.
I turned to my side and now- I lay on my floor perfectly still, curled up.... motionless.
I closed my eyes as the past recollected in my mind.
The tears,were now streaming down my face uncontrollably. I closed my eyes tighter .. and wished.
The realization struck me, and now i felt colder than ever the dark and gloomy atmosphere seemed more transcendent than ever.
All, was lost.No hopes. No dreams..
Now i knew... I was alone

Introductory passage to an article i will complete publishing soon! :)

SoBeeIttx said...

Hey i really lyk ure piece i cant wait to read yur new version lemme know wen ure done i would love to read it! 

keep up the good work girl!

Ash.x BRONZE said...
Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other

HEY EVERYONE,

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IM IN THE PROCESS OF RE-WRITING THIS PIECE. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN ITS DONE :) 

<3

ZEROXWRITER said...

WRITE MORE MORE MORE MORE! ;D

great piece - thoroughly entertaining but it should be longer. fit for an intro though. i like ur writing style and ur feelings were conveyed flawlessly 

brilliant! 

Ash.x BRONZE said...
Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other

Thankyouu.

Yup its a preface actually i'd already mentioned it being an introductory passage to a whole story that i was gonna write soon. I havent come up with anything as yet im just working on a mini - novel at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. 

:) 

Ash.x BRONZE said...
Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other

THANKS! =D

TinaT said...
one word - BRILLIANT

Anaa1 said...

this is a great piece of writing. five out of five definately. though its short so im guessing its a preface yes? 

anyway any more stories let me know you have alot of potential.

i love it - good luck

Ash.x BRONZE said...
Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other

Hi , haha no problem! :) 

Great im gonna re-write this when i get the time i just need to think of some more content. will definately let you know when the final piece is done.

Thanks for taking out the time to read it. :D

ForeverFelix PLATINUM, Catasauqua, Pennsylvania

Daydreams can be worse than nightmares, but that never stops me.

(Sorry this took so long =) ) I believe that this needs to be longer...because it's really good now, which means if it had more substance and a backstory, it would most-likely be REALLY good. If you know what I mean xD Keep writing!

Ash.x BRONZE said...
Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other

great, i will get on it ASAP ! :) 

Thanks again! xo

sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

I think this definitely has potential. The writing was good and everything. I just was lost as how to feel for your character, because I didnt know any of the back story. Go ahead, I would say, and add something to this. I think it would be an interesting piece. And let me know when you do!

Ash.x BRONZE said...
Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other

okay, thanks for the advice :)

mm.. i was thinking i should re-write it again perhaps maybe a little longer .. more story etc??

Ash.x BRONZE said...
Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other

interesting comment,haha :]

any ideas for further directionss?

How do I critique a piece like this? When I know it's missing something but I can't put my finger on it? Probably means you need more story. This lacked, lacked, lacked in background. This is more like a poem than a story, and I think you could easily morph it into something more accessible to readers if you did change it to a poem. Be creative with the spacing maybe. 

deka9 said...

Aww, so, so urgh. Hahaha, There is no other expression I can say describing this peice.

So get rid of "of my bedroom" because you've already mentioned it once. Be careful to show not tell (I do this all the time). I this, I that isn't pleasing to read. There are some typos with the punctuation and capital I :), but overall very vivid.

I could feel the lifeless feeling that you were conveying. Sure, this is short but perfect for a prolougue/intro. I like it; keep it up :)

Ash.x BRONZE said...
Ash.x BRONZE, Swansea,Wales, Other

Thankyou! :] 

Yes, i thought it would be short but i also mentioned that its an "introductory" article incase anyone was wondering :) 

Thanks for the comments though, you're doing a pretty good job yourself. xo 

TheOnlyWritician GOLD, Clermont, Florida

We loved with a love that was more than love. -Edgar Allen Poe

I like it! Don't worry some may say it is to short or not enough emotion...well I think you conveyed a lot of emotion and I could feel your pain. I give you five stars, literally. Good job!