I am Sparrow Sun, the Phoenix Writer. | Teen Ink

I am Sparrow Sun, the Phoenix Writer.

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

I groggily wake up as pale lyght graces the horizon. I take off from my branch and warm nest, flying directly to a mountain. There I land, enjoying it. I take the form of my human avatar, tall with auburn hair and emerald eyes, smyling softly into the dawn sun. I mentally fyle it away in my store of inner wrytings, narrating its slow ryse. It excites my heart, and the sparrow dwelling there, the sparrow I am, my true self, gets aflutter. I won't cage myself.

I release her, watching a phantom sparrow fly into the sun, pale yellow of the morning framing a sharp silhouette of the small byrd. The sun rises an inch more, shedding the pale yellow for a blazing phoenix orange. The tyny byrd seems to go ablaze for a moment, suspended in time. Then it snaps, and my sparrow falls back into my heart, where she belongs, the sun continues its path, and I turn away. My eyes water slightly, in a sylent wish for the moment to continue, but I ignore it.

I wonder at myself. I am so much, too much to be contained in a single label, a single title. Too much for a name. But maybe... Maybe I have one now. Maybe I am Sparrow Sun, a writer, an eternally burning bird that belongs in the fyre. I don't see the sun glinting off the back of my blazing hair, don't see the split second that I am the phoenix even though I'm in human shape. Then I take sparrow shape and leave. Sparrow Sun, the Phoenix Writer. I found myself a name that contains me.

so i figured a pen name is basically an oc, and an oc deserves to have a backstory. this isn't really terribly relevant to anything, my pen name is my pen name because i have reasons. 

i did include ys instead of is for a personal reason. after all, this is my avatar and my oc... type... thyng... hah, see. i can styll wryte wyth ys... tho Grammarly keeps correcting me and it's not very automatic. wyth i almost wrote normally.

again, i don't have auburn hair or green eyes. that is my avatar. i won't say my hair or eye color.

and yes, i do have a real name in real life. i gave it to myself, so its not yet legal.

this is actually happy, and i think its sorta my heart story.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

it is nice, and because of that the story has taken new turns I could have never guessed. but here's something ill say, I cant go back and edit it to match the present, and its got its restraints.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

It is frustrating how they take lots longer to accept books...maybe I should do like you and serialize short stories.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

ill rea it the indstant it goes thru(if it isn't tomorrow, i cant use my computer tomorrow because battery problems)

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

(tearing up... again)
wow... thank you, so much!

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

--me

Wow. Whoa.
I dedicated to you the book I finished writing today. It is called In My Life of Birds and I'm waiting for TeenInk to accept it as a fiction novel. Coincidently, one of the doomed characters is named Bird. I worked so hard on this and can't wait for somebody, anybody, to read it.