Impact | Teen Ink

Impact

By HiddevdH BRONZE, Addis Ababa, Other
HiddevdH BRONZE, Addis Ababa, Other

“That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind”
― Neil Armstrong

“Wooh, Yeah!” I shouted to my best friend, as we went racing down the mountain at sixty kilometers an hour. The wonderful feeling of wind, blowing through his shoulder hight blond hair, while having tears in his sea blue eyes because of wind. Really made him feel alive and young, and for a few minuets made him forget about his past. About how his house burned down, seeing his mom, dad and sister burn right in front of him.

With a age of 17 he really did start to get desperate, desperate for a girl, some one he could open up to about his past. His helmet was one of the only memories he had from his father. On a big Harley-Davidson, just polished, with a black helmet with green flames painted on it.

Reaching the bottom of the mountain he got reminded that he forgot to feed Angie, his pet snake. Thinking about how aggressive she would be, he forgot to slide break as he shot over a crossing street, but when he looked to his left he saw a monster of a truck moving towards him like a big sliding wall.

“Robert!” what one of the last things he heard his best friend shout.

As I felt the impact, everything turned white...