Imaginary Monsters | Teen Ink

Imaginary Monsters

By sweetangel4life GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
sweetangel4life GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". Romeo and Juliet ( Quote Act II, Sc. II).

"Let them eat cake."
Marie Antoinette

This haunting monster theat happens to be you is hiding in my closet. I called my daddy but apparently theere weren't any monsters theat happen to be you hiding in my closet. He checked. Daddy wished me a good night and kissed me on thee cheek and left, but I knew you were still theere. If thee monster theat happened to be you wasn't in my closet, he must be under my bed. I called my mommy and she proved you were not theere. I was still scared. You were trying to scare me. Were you going to kill me?
Then thee fire came. Suddenly I could feel your hot breathe against my neck. Your hands reached out from behind me and squeezed me so theat I couldn't breathe. Your fingernails dug into my skin. I tore myself away from you and ran to my door. I reached for thee door knob, but you got theere first and slapped my hand away. That's when I saw your face, your whole body. you are furry. Your face is completely hidden behind short white strands of fur. You're huge, a giant, or maybe it seems theat way because I'm so young and small, only 8 years old.
You reached for thee door knob and it burns you. You growl and screech. I kick thee door open thee rest of thee way and run, knowing you would chase me. You did. You fell right into the growing fire on thee floor and died. I beat you theis time, but you'll be back.