Sleep with One Eye Open (Part 1) | Teen Ink

Sleep with One Eye Open (Part 1)

How would you like it is every time you go to sleep you go to an imaginary world filled with beasts, dragons, and a cute prince? Well you would soon get use to it. My name is Isabelle and I close my eye and I end up in a land called Laurina. I never told any one about this except for my best friend Andrew. This is only the begining of my story. " Isabelle? Isabelle? ISABELLE!?!?!" my mother cried trying to wake my up. I looked at my clock and it is 3 a.m. "What!" I said half asleep. "You have been screaming all night saying 'don't hurt me; it was not me'" my mother explained. I knew exactly what she was talking about. I had a "dream" where a huge oger was trying to hit me with his club after someone stole his precious ruby. The prince heard my crys and saved me; he was just about to kiss me when my mother had to wake me up. I apologized to my mother for waking her up and she went back to sleep. I took out mu journal and wrote what happened to me in my dream. I also took out my cell phone and called my best friend Andrew. I dialled his number hopeing he would not be mad at me for calling him at 3 in the morning. "Hey Isabelle" he said sleeply. "Hey" I responded "i had the most wonderful yet terrifing dream. it was about an oger and..." Andrew cut me off and said "Can't this wait till morning? We have two big tests tomorrow and i need my sleep." Sadly I responded "ya." We hung up and went to sleep. The next morning i could not wait to get to school and tell Andrew about my "dream". At school Andrew seemed very interested in my "dream". He constantly asked questions and kept wanting more. "WHat did the orger look like?" Andrew asked. "He was 20 feet tall with one eye and he was a swamp greem with two large teeth and a huge club with spikes in it." Andrew's eyes widend. I could tell he was imagining it. "Was the prince cuter than Sean Weston?" Sean Weston it the captin of the football team and also the cutest boy in school. He was tall and had blonde hair with blue eyes; he was smart; not full of himself and he was very friendly. "Definatly!" I responded with a big smile. The bell rang and we had to go to class and we would not see each other till school is over. After school I walked home with Andrew. He kept asking me questions about my dream. That night i went to sleep instantly and I saw a huge dragon; he was huge and green and blew fire...

vaina79 said...
vaina79, Vero Beach, Florida

thanx

p.s. i did do the "quotes" but for some reason it went like &quot i dont really know why

SunnyGirl202 said...
on Dec. 6 2010 at 5:10 am

Nice outline, but maybe you should work on a bit of grammar, like the ''quotes''.

The quote thingys made it hard to read. Other than that, some more smooth writing might be good.

But it was nice.

lizard101 said...
it is amazing i loved it cant wait for part 2