Devil's Shadow | Teen Ink

Devil's Shadow

By h_girl123 GOLD, Claremore, Oklahoma
h_girl123 GOLD, Claremore, Oklahoma

"Playing life by ear"

In the year 3007, the world was attacked. No one knew what they were or where they came from, but they were able to prevail over the entire planet in less than a month. They spread like a disease over the Earth. They conquered Asia and Europe first, and then, shortly after, they were everywhere.

They looked like normal people except for the eyes. Their eyes were a bright purple, and they were awful looking. They were the Savages. Once you looked into a Savage’s eyes, you knew that death was coming quickly. They were cruel and had an aggressive nature to the way they lived. If it weren’t for the eyes and the blood-lust, you would think that they were just human beings. They took the humans as slaves in their villages.

I was born a slave, and four years later, they killed my mother. She had served her purpose with them. They didn’t want the number of humans to get to high in case of a rebellion. I was a slave to the high general’s son. His name was villion, and he was different. He didn’t treat me like I was a slave. He always said that I was his best friend. Villion was very different. He did not act like the other Savages. I believed that Villion was human. He had a large, pink scar running down his cheek, and he would never tell me where it came from. But since most of the savages looked the same, the scar was my way of recognizing Villion.

I remember one day when an older slave named Sadij who worked in the kitchen came rushing in. She was excited to tell me the new that she had retrieved. “Akira, Akira” She said as she came and placed her hands on my shoulders. “Akira, I heard the greatest story today.” She smiled and then continued. “There is a story of a runaway slave settlement. That’s where the other’s have been disappearing to. It’s not too far from here, but too far for a young one like yourself. But don’t worry, Akira, we will get out of here one day.” She promised me.

A few nights after that I planned my escape. I was only thirteen-years-old, but I would rather die in my attempt. Late in the night, when the Savages were all asleep, I packed what little things I had. I had to see Villion before I left, though. I quietly crept to his room, and was surprised to find him awake.

“Akira, where are you going?” He was surprised.

“I’m leaving, Villion. I cannot stay here another minute.”

“Why do you want to leave so bad? Are you tired of me?” He was hurt by the thought, but I ignored it. Villion was spoiled and thought that giving me guilt would convince me to stay.

“Villion,” I said, walking over and sitting on his bed. “My people once lived her peacefully and free. I think that I can help them, but I won’t even get to try when I am stuck in this room. Please, understand that I need to help somehow.” He didn’t want to listen. He rolled over in his bed, and pretended that I wasn’t even there. I bent down and kissed his scarred cheek. “Goodbye, Villion.” I whispered and the swiftly jumped out his window, into the nearby tree, over the wall, and into the vast desert where I would either find happiness or my own death.

lily1411 BRONZE, Fargo, North Dakota

Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.

--Benjamin Franklin

Thas great! hope u post a little more of it:)

h_girl123 GOLD said...
h_girl123 GOLD, Claremore, Oklahoma

"Playing life by ear"

well i am writing a full book about it and i am abotu 75 pages in

lily1411 BRONZE, Fargo, North Dakota

--Benjamin Franklin

You have to keep writing with this! it sounds like a great beginning