Orphan Selling Spices in Nepal | Teen Ink

Orphan Selling Spices in Nepal

October 12, 2009
By Shane BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
Shane BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"Eh! Jecoiby! look at this guy, who is he and whys he on my street corner?" i asked my friend.(i walked over to my street corner and started talking to this mysterious boy) Yo! wacha doin? this is my street corner! the boy answers "my names Shoebox, and this is my street corner now! i state, " this has been my street corner for the last four years! That means since i was 10 smart guy. I shoved him and told him to get out and find another street corner. He shoved back and said, "Sorry no, come back tommorow and maybe ill be gone. I shoved him back, then he shoved me. I put him in a headlock and took him to the ground. We wrestled for a few minutes, then i screamed at the top of my lungs, over the raging storm, "You shoulda gotten off my street corner!!" Then not directly after that, the first lighting of the year in India flashed. Now the sounds of sirens filled the air. The police where on their way. A beaten and bruised Shobox said,"Hey the police are coming, why dont we break it up and finish this when we see eachother again? I agreed with him and we stopped wrestling and ran off in a dead sprint toward no general direction. While we were running, the police passed us with no warning. Turns out the police were heading for the fire started by that lone flash of lightning. I stopped but Shoebox kept runing, "Ill find you tommorow kid!" I bluntley stated. He cleverly replied, "Only if you catch me!" I never saw him again, until he showed up on the street corner the very next day......