How Could He Kill Her? PART TWO | Teen Ink

How Could He Kill Her? PART TWO

October 20, 2009
By cassandra_2011 PLATINUM, North Pole, Alaska
cassandra_2011 PLATINUM, North Pole, Alaska
28 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Give in to love, or live in fear."


I stand still and wait for their approach as I watch their every move. There’s a tall man in front of them, their leader no doubt.
“Ava Moon, what a pleasure.” He smiles at me like a hunter stares down its prey. I give him a sarcastic grin and laugh.
“I’m sorry I can’t say the same for you, but apparently you know my name, yet I haven’t the faintest idea who you are,” I say with a fake politeness.
“Demetri. You don’t seem to remember me, do you?” Like I would remember every idiot that’s came after me.
“No Demetri I can’t say that I do.” He smiles a wide grin.
“We go way back Gaia. Celest was a pleasant woman, but Loki, pure genius.” The ones behind him all smirked as he smiled though enjoying their own joke.

My jaw tensed. What was he talking about? He knew my mother? He was friends with Loki? Yet he was ready to kill me at any minute. This made no sense. “Why do my mother and Loki have anything to do with you being here now?” I demanded.
“Your mom loved you, Loki didn’t,” was all he said. He had a huge grin on his face now. Nothing more was spoken by the time he attacked and the rest of them joined in.

I had no idea, not an inkling of why they where here, not a thought of what he was talking about. I had a desire to know. I needed to know. I had a reason to fight these people now. I wanted answers. They knew something that I didn’t, and it was about my mother. I would be sure to find out.

I felt a new surge of adrenaline through my veins, this one more powerful. He stalked toward me ready to pounce. I awaited his attack, watching his every move. Three other men came up behind him and ran toward me. I dodged them and knocked them against the hard concrete as they struggled trying to target all of their strength into tackling me. They were trying to distract me, thinking that I would forget about the rest of them and use up all my strength on these losers and then they’d attack. They were underestimating me. I never lost my focus on the rest of them. These three were barely a workout. The first was already knocked out and the second down on the ground. The third man put up more of a fight. He had strength in every punch, but he never touched me. I kicked for his head and he was down just like the others.

Immediately, the rest came and attacked. Better strategy than the last. The women were swift, the men strong. They surrounded me. One woman thrusted toward me with a swift punch to the head. I dodged her and felt a sharp blow to my stomach. I had to be fast, I had to concentrate. I felt them all around me, I felt their threats. There was no fear in them. I felt their weaknesses and used them. One man had a bad knee, another with no focus. I quickly threw a kick at his knee and a punch as the other looked away. I could feel everything. I moved swiftly without thought. They fell to the ground one after the other when only one man was left.

He was strong. No fear in his eyes, no underestimating of me. He stared at me s though he knew what I was thinking before I thought it. I threw a punch and he dodged it. I kicked and he knocked me down. I knew I was thinking too much. I had to concentrate. I moved toward him, not thinking until I was ready to attack. He took longer then the rest, but he gave in to me after a fight. Then Demetri appeared. He stood there staring at me, no shock, and no emotion.
“You show great strength Gaia, Loki was right.” And he fled without another word.

That was the end of it, but I was left with so many unanswered questions. How did this man know about my mother? Was he Loki’s…hit man? And did Kyver have any place in all of this? Did he know these people where going to show up? How had this all happened in a matter of minutes? I had to find out. I took off toward the woods to find Kyver. I had more adrenaline then Kyver could ever produce. I’d see him before he would reach home. I bolted in his direction waiting to see him. I sifted through the trees and was him. He was walking in the distance; he wasn’t far from the park. It hurt knowing he might have a part in this. Kyver, the one who‘d trusted with my life. The one that I’d had so many fun and caring moments with, and there might be a chance that it was all going to end now. He was waiting to see if I was going to leave or not. Probably wondering why I hadn’t left to the house yet. He missed the whole thing. I ran up to him and he knew that I knew something more.
“We need to talk,” I said to him.
“I know.”
“Loki killed…my mother?” I didn’t understand.
“I’m sorry Ava. I just found out. I was looking through some of my old birth certificates and old things that belonged to Loki and found some letters from your mom and Loki. She didn’t die when you were born. They knew about your fear gene. Loki wanted to use you as a lab rat and a shield when they were in danger. He didn’t care about you or your safety. You were just his weapon. Celest wouldn’t stand for it though. She fought for you but in the end she wasn’t strong enough to keep the both of you alive. By the time everything was over, you where too old for him to run tests, so he’s been lying to you about everyone that you’ve ever fought. He made you believe they were after you but they weren’t. He’s just been using you Ava.”

I couldn’t believe it, how could this happen? Loki’s always been there. He trained me, he was there when I was growing up. I trusted him. How could he kill her?