Endicott College | Teen Ink

Endicott College MAG

Beverly, MA: Beautiful scenery, an ocean view, and castle-like architecture are not what I would normally associate with a college. After visiting campuses up and down the East Coast, the words that come to mind when describing a college dorm would be cinderblock, concrete, or brick - but not after seeing Endicott College.

Just 20 minutes north of Boston, at first glance Endicott looks more like a country club than a university. The facilities and grounds are all kept miraculously clean. The library boasts thousands of books as well as brand-new computers and an espresso lounge. Although I wasn’t able to try the food, I can only assume its quality is on par with the rest of the school.

More importantly, Endicott has a very interesting and unique program of studies. It has an upside curriculum which allows freshmen to jump right into their major rather than starting by completing the required general education classes. The advantage is that a student can decide immediately whether his or her major is actually a good fit.

Another great aspect of Endicott is its internship program. Each student is required to complete two internships. This not only prepares students for the working world but also provides them with a solid resume.

Despite all the benefits of Endicott College, choosing a school is still a very difficult decision. When it comes right down to it, students should ask themselves: Can I see myself here? Is this a good fit? Choosing a college shouldn’t be about how it looks or how good the food is. It’s all about how you feel when you’re there and while talking to the students or faculty. That’s my two cents, anyway.

See more about Endicott on endicott.edu.

i love this !

Endicott IS a country club where you take a few classes-but it's a great place to go to school ! I went there and it's fantastic !