University of California: Santa Barbara | Teen Ink

University of California: Santa Barbara

By EmilyP. SILVER, La Canada, California
EmilyP. SILVER, La Canada, California

Santa Barbara, CA: I went with my mom, an alum of University of California: Santa Barbara (UCSB), to visit her old college. I immediately fell in love with everything. From the campus, to the location, to the academics, I loved it all. The campus is flat and most students ride their bikes around to their classes. Furthermore, the campus is beautiful with nice looking buildings, a beautiful lagoon outside, and a nice walking area. The location is incredible. The location is so close to the beach, and it is not far away from the shopping areas, although you will definitely need a car or bike to get to the shopping areas. While UCSB may be considered a “Party School”, it also has great academic programs and so many classes and majors to choose from. To me, UCSB looked like it had something interesting for everyone. I love University of Santa Barbara and will definitely consider it for one of my college options. For more information, please visit their website at: http://www.ucsb.edu/

_fabulous_killjoy_ BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

"You only live once so just go f***ing nuts" - Mitch Lucker, Suicide Silence.

Does it have a course to take to earn a music degree?

G,herrera6 said...
I've visited UCSB too! And I totally agree with everything you've said. UCSB is a wonderful school regardless of its "Party School" title. Since most of its students live in Isla Vista, it looks like there is a lot of partys going on because its all one small community. UCSB is defenenitely my main priority right now, its so... wonderful! I can't wait until I get to go, or so I hope so. I'm really determined to go there because I want to be a marine biologist, and well, since the university is right next to the ocean, its a prefect place! I could seriously go on and on, but you all would probably get bored. UC Santa Barbara is truly THE BEST :)

G,herrera6 said...

struck-by-llamas, Eureka, California
Sounds Amazing!