Dominance | Teen Ink

Dominance

June 8, 2012
By windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado
windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado
80 articles 0 photos 91 comments

Favorite Quote:
let it burn, suffering teaches the soul; let it grow, love nourishes the heart.


The world is dominated by us, humanity, and has been for a long time, many thoudands of years. At least that is what most have believed, however, there are many who do not agree with my statement. I do not agree with my own statement. I do not believe we dominate the world in the slightest, at least not compared to how we are able to dominate it.

Look at what you have done on a weekly basis, and then ask yourself just how much of what you have done has helped to make a real difference in the world, a difference that is logical in a way you can explain and feel is right, is worthy. I bet that you havent done much this week, have you? The typical person would go to work, usually at some place where they do the same thing everyday and dont even realize it. Do you like working, if not its because you arent doing something that you want to do with your life, and if you arent doing something that you want to do with your life than you arent even dominate over your life, not as much as you could and should be. You may dominate certain aspects of your life, but there are many areas where you do not dominate, where you do not have control.

This is not something you are alone in, I would estimate that almost 95% of people do not do what they desire to, so only 5% of people live their life the way they desire to, do the things that they feel will make a difference in their world and in others. I dont think that 5% of a population sound like theres much domination going on over the world, in truth, we have not subjagated the world, we have simply learned to subjagate ourselves. We are slaves to each other because we have chosen to give up the power we are entitled to as humans, who have superior power and mental abilities than anything we know of. Why do we not make full use of our gifts, when we alone are blessed with them, simple, because we have forggoten what we are capable of becoming and doing, we have listened to those who keep telling us that we are powerless and cannot rise to a higher standard. We have accepted our role as slave simply because we know no other role and are content with what we know, we do not explore the world that is available to all of us. Each and every one of us has something that we can choose to do that will make a difference, and each of us has something that we love to do that will make a difference in the world, all one has to do is seek it out and persist until the obstacles in the way have been overcome and surmounted. Dominance may well be ours in the future, but for now we only have the illusion of dominance, for in order to have dominance over anything or anyone, one must have dominance over oneself.

So, while we do keep dominance in our grasp currently, we may one day be able to gain the dominance that we falsely claim is in our grasp. All that is required is just a tad of work and self dominance.