My Life Story | Teen Ink

My Life Story MAG

When my life was quickly falling out of my hands and reality wasn't within reach, I felt helpless. I needed to find a way out somehow, someone or something to influence me in a better way by helping me out of the major hole I had dug myself into.

It all began when I moved away from my life in Pennsylvania, and couldn't accept the fact that it was something my parents had to do. I was an emotional mess. I had much anger and no one to vent it on, except my parents, which, most of the time, was pointless. This would just end up being an even bigger mess. So as I began to make friends, I figured why not drown my sorrows in whatever I could possibly find - drugs, alcohol, "fun." I was out on school nights until one or two, planning on not going to school because I thought I had better things to do. As time passed, I began to miss many days of school, causing my grades to fall tremendously. I decided to drop out of the tenth grade. It seemed easier in my eyes, no more waking up at five o'clock - and I could stay out and not feel guilty. I knew somewhat what I was doing; I knew my life was on a downhill slant, and at that time I couldn't do a thing about it.

As my friends from the other side saw what I was doing, they decided to do it too, losing everything they had: respect from everyone, parents, relatives, friends, and teachers. So we went on a fantasy trip, not caring about losing our education or love from people who tried to care. We thought it was great to be on our own until we ran out of money for our adventures.

So, I got a full-time job which didn't last long. I got sick of that too. I couldn't deal with people telling me what I had to do. I rebelled, and got fired. Once again, I didn't care. Then, my friends and I began to get into a lot of mischief, getting in trouble with the police a number of times. Finally, they told me I would be sent to a juvenile institute to get back on track. My friends were in the same predicament. So I went home to try to figure out my mistakes, to try to patch them up. Well, I couldn't - I would just have to move on.

Weeks went by while I stayed home, still out of school. I watched what my friends were getting into, and I couldn't understand why they couldn't see what was happening to them. They were falling apart, just like I was. At that point, I wanted nothing to do with anyone. I needed time to myself, and I wanted my life back to normal.

The second semester of my tenth grade year, I put myself back into school and got a part-time job. I began to do well, still a little on the edge, but I knew it wouldn't be perfect in a day. It took me awhile to get back in the swing of things and live a normal high school life. I give myself credit for doing it on my own. I turned myself around because I knew my lifestyle was wrong and what I was doing was dangerous. I needed time to find myself more than anything, and here I am now, a senior, awaiting graduation. -

lyn4moi said...
I love this striking story of courage. Hope people in the same dilemma can learn from it.......

andrea said...
on Dec. 13 2016 at 6:58 am
Please I need help on an essay "what does significance mean to you when you think about how you might live a life of significance"

iamme said...
The comment about body scrutiny being more about mental health is a very true and powerful statement.
Great job.

Impressive: well-thought out and courageous in that it challenges destructive habits that have become mainstream. I'm going to recommend this to the authors of Fresh Off the Couch, which also teaches that body shape and size has no direct correlation to health and fitness. (Their work has been taught for Continuing Education credits in university schools of Nursing and Social Work.)

Luna said...
You will only understand capital punishment value,when one of your children is taken by a serial killer raped and murdered after being tortured. At that point life in prison will not feel good only death penalty will sound right ....trust me on this.

anssna BRONZE said...
anssna BRONZE, Sidney, Other

Life is the most difficult exam. Many people fail because they try to copy others - not realizinf that everyone has a different question paper.

Very good article !

Logan said...
My vote is a 5

PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana

"Its not possible to fight beyond you're strength, even if you strive."

-Homer

omg, cant relate but amazing story to help everyone else going through this too.

PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana

-Homer

You're please

Kenzie said...
I love your work even if it didn't rhyme and i love your name. FairyTail! I feel like your a nice person,which you are cause i know you, and you should recycle more. Save the Earth

Hilton BRONZE said...
Hilton BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
Lao Tzu

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
Anonymous

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and som “An obstacle is often a stepping stone.”

I love this article. My older brother was just like you and he had the same thoughts. But he did not hold on and eventually drop out and never went back to school. You're an example for those who are dealing with things or drop outs...

Deej6595 BRONZE, Billerica, Massachusetts

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

I loved your story. I could personally relate to some of the things that you dealt with. I hope everything is going well now.

amrex13 GOLD said...
amrex13 GOLD, Patchogue, New York
Congratulations on saving yourself. That took a lot of courage to do, and to share.

People deserve good life time and credit loans or bank loan can make it much better. Because freedom is based on money state.

george223232 said...
is this the entire essay?