Halo: The Fall of Reach | Teen Ink

Halo: The Fall of Reach

By Anonymous

This is an action packed prequel the amazing video game. This book takes place in the future from 2517 to 2552 in multiple locations in space like the planet Reach and many UNSC (United Nations Space Command) warships. A hand full of extraordinary characters move the story along and play important role in Helping the character on the mission. The story is about how the Spartan program came to be and the events leading up to Halo: C.E., (Combat Evolved) the award winning video game.

John, later known as Spartan- 117 The Master Chief, is only about six years of age when he meets Dr. Halsey, but little does he know that the meeting will change his life forever. John is swept away into the Spartan program. It is a secret organization that trains and enhances soldier's bodies to make them better in every way. He is trained on the planet Reach, the farthest outpost controlled by the TNSC, were he shows the instructors his skill and becomes the trainees' squad leader. Vvlhen they become ready for they enhancements to begin he is confident that is team will make it through. After his squad's training and enhancements they are ready to serve in the LTNSC. The Spartans start off as a complete success quickly helping the twin wars against alien races that call themselves the Covenant and human traitors called the Insurrectionists. But when the Covenant finds out the location of Reach, trouble begins. The UNSC fears that they will find the top secret location of Earth. And when the Covenant attacks chaos is unleashed and the Spartans are sent to help the war on Reach.

Based on the award winning XboxTm game, HaloTM, The Fall of Reach is the action packed preview to the amazing video game trilogy. It is the first in the series. The other books are The Flood, The First Strike, The Ghost of OM, and Contacted Harvest. This book clarifies many unanswered questions in the game and is a thrill to read. I give this book a nine out of ten for its terrific plot and the ending which makes reader want to pick up the next book immediately and start reading.