Borderlands 2 on Xbox 360 | Teen Ink

Borderlands 2 on Xbox 360

March 3, 2013
By alanclarke714 PLATINUM, Kuna, Idaho
alanclarke714 PLATINUM, Kuna, Idaho
35 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"...All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf


In2009, a video game that would change the way we look at First-Person Shooters would be released, and it was called Borderlands. A science-fiction/western surrounding a plot on the planet Pandora, four "Vault Hunters" arrive looking for the Vault, an alien cache of everything to make one the most powerful person in the galaxy. Now, as for the game itself, the gameplay is fantastic, the missions are greatly varies, and the level-up system is superb. But sadly, the characters were thin, having no personality. Now, in 2012 though, 2K games came back with the sequel, Borderlands 2, and gave us the characters we wanted, and more.

Set some time after the events of Borderlands, Borderlands 2 kick-starts with the arrival of four new Vault Hunters, only to be ambushed by Handsome Jack, a man who has taken Pandora by force after the opening of the Vault triggered an earthquake that released countless pockets of Eridium, a resource that is powerful beyond words. Now, faced with the destruction of everything (basically), you, the new Vault Hunter, must team with the original four Vault Hunters and take Handsome Jack down.

Borderlands 2 is a near-perfect FPS, having a great story, even more landscapes that induce shock and awe (being absolutely overwhelming and creative in every way), characters that aren't thin, an expanding mythology, and improvements on everything that made the first Borderlands great. I must say, to those who haven't played the first Borderlands, you can still jump into number 2 and have a great time, but playing the first one before hand adds to the incredible experience.

Overall, Borderlands 2 shows us that sometimes, bigger is better.

9/10 Stars***

P.S. They should really make the first game into a movie; it could be a grand epic if done right (say, by Joss Whedon or Zack Snyder)


The author's comments:
A Grand, Encompassing Sci-fi/Western Epic...