Secret Life of the American Teenager | Teen Ink

Secret Life of the American Teenager

March 16, 2009
By Areya DeJesus BRONZE, Rochester, New York
Areya DeJesus BRONZE, Rochester, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Secret life of the American teenager is a drama on ABC family. Secret Life of the American Teenager is about a fifteen year old girl named Amy Juergens. Amy becomes pregnant at band camp by Ricky Underwood. He is a foster child because his dad abused him when he was a little boy. Amy wants the baby adopted because she thinks she can't take care of him. But Ricky doesn't want the baby adopted and he doesn't want to take care of him. Amy convinces Ricky that they should have the baby adopted. Amy's in love with Ben Boykewich. They love each other so much that they get married with fake ID's because there to young to get married. Ricky realizes that he's in love with Amy and the baby. Amy doesn't know if she should keep the baby because she doesn't think she can do it. Everyone offers to help Amy with getting a job, daycare, and they even throw her a baby shower.

The cast of Secret Life of the American Teenager are Shailene Woodley who plays a pregnant fifteen year old Amy Juergens. Ken Baumann plays Amy's fifteen year old boyfriend Ben Boykewich. Daren Leagasoff plays Ricky Underwood who is the father of Amy's baby. India Eisley plays Amy thirteen year old sister Ashley Juergens. Molly Ringwald plays Amy's mother Anne Juergens. Mark Derwin plays Amy's dad George Juergens.

I like Secret Life of the American Teenager because it can teach young girls what other girls or even if they are going through at that age. It also shows what every day life in high school might be like and you can relate to it. I give Secret Life of the American Teenager five stars because it can really help other girl if they're going through the same thing and how much responsibility it is to have a baby.