How to Get Away with Murder | Teen Ink

How to Get Away with Murder

By mem228 DIAMOND, Attleboro, Massachusetts
mem228 DIAMOND, Attleboro, Massachusetts

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Step 1:
Discredit the witness.
Step 2:
Introduce a new suspect.
Step 3:

Bury the evidence.

According to Annalise Keating, the intellectual and dedicated yet merciless defense lawyer portrayed by Viola Davis, these three steps are the keys to vindicating clients. The five students from her law class that she chooses to work with her at her office, Connor, Michaela, Asher, Laurel, and Wes, find out that Annalise will take extreme measures just to accomplish these steps. These five start out eager, ready to delve into the world of law and desperate to please their professor. However, in the first episode, it is revealed that they soon realize the harsh reality of working with Annalise as the episode flashes forward, and we see four of them, panicking and trying to decide what to do with a murdered body. Only in the ninth episode is it exposed to the viewers what really happened that night.

This show is one of the most dramatic and unpredictable programs that you will ever have the pleasure of viewing. It takes steep twists and turns, and just when you think that it is about to go one way, it goes the other. Main characters are killed off by people you would never expect, and the viewers are led to believe things that were never true in the first place. You will also get a glimpse at law and defense strategies, as Annalise somehow manages to free most of her clients through her and her students' own knowledge of how the court works. Breathtaking acting and astonishing scripts through the (so far) two seasons of this fairly new show will keep your eyes glued to the screen as many, perhaps too many, people manage to get away with murder.