Ray, Outer Banks Review | Teen Ink

Ray, Outer Banks Review

By runner0123 BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
runner0123 BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin

The new and hot TV series “Outer Banks” came onto the entertainment scene via Netflix just one month ago and is already the number one streamed show in America on Netflix. But what is this rave all about? I had the chance to watch this ten episode series a few days ago and I can fully say that it is worth the watch.

The show takes place off the coast of North Carolina on a group of islands called the outer banks. The plot of the story follows a group of five teenages with different lifestyles in their quest to find out what happened to one of their dads’, who mysteriously went missing. The journey turns into a treasure hunt, both figuratively and literally. The plot of the story runs a lot deeper than what you see on the surface. Along the way friendships are made, destroyed, and envied. 

I enjoyed witnessing the great character development throughout each episode. From being the laughing stock of the city to the people everyone is depending on, these kids are growing into heroes each day. One of the characters, Pope, put his full ride scholarship on the line just to take part in one of their adventures. 

There are many stories going on at once, which for some viewers could be seen as confusing. For me, I thought that the show was very easy to follow. Everything was laid out very clear in the first episode which was able to set the scene for the following episodes. This show is only available on Netflix. So if you or someone you know does not have an account, you are out of luck—for now. 

The entertainment value of the show was through the roof. Many times I see television shows try too hard to make their show the funniest or the most action packed. Outer Banks, though, seemed to take a different approach. They seem to incorporate a little bit of everything. There are times when the show is super fast paced and full of action. But there are other times when it is super sentimental and emotional. The actors and actresses do a tremendous job of playing their roles and displaying these ranges of emotions. As a watcher, you develop a connection to these characters with each episode you watch and by the end you are pulling for all of them to achieve their goals. 

All in all, “Outer Banks” is a fantastic series that has you feeling a whole range of emotions. From jumping out of your seat happy and excited, to on the verge of crying, I enjoyed every second of the show and I would absolutely recommend the show to anyone who is looking for an adventurous yet serious series. The show has a certain type of flow that makes you want to watch all ten hour-long episodes one sitting.