The Dark Third by Pure Reason Revolution | Teen Ink

The Dark Third by Pure Reason Revolution

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Probably the most obscure band I have covered so far, Pure Reason Revolution is a progressive rock band that needs more love than it gets. First recommended to me by my favorite music reviewer, coverkillernation, who is much more of a prog expert than I will ever be. I can see some things that are reminiscent to some more popular prog bands in this album.
The Dark Third I believe is their debut album last a mere 55 minutes in length and sounds good from front to back. Set up more or less like a concept album where every track is connected and flows right into each other, this is very much reminiscent of Pink Floyd with the calming and soothing music, Porcupine Tree for the songwriting and that it's modern and Ayreon with the massive amount of synths and keyboards you'll find in this album. All of which are important factors for PRR and you will see throughout the album. So what you would find here is going to be interesting in many ways, so many that it can baffle the mind if you listen to it closely enough. They may not be Porcupine Tree, but I love them all the same.
I give this a 9/10 I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.

I recommend you check out this band whenever you can. It'll be an experiance you'll never forget.