Weather Systems(2012) by Anathema | Teen Ink

Weather Systems(2012) by Anathema

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

More known as either progressive metal or doom metal, Anathema is one of those bands that seems to like to evolve quite alot over the years. I would honestly put them in the progressive metal category but I can probably see how it's dubbed "doom metal" due to the slow, often melodic structure and also the dark and almost forbodding lyrics in many of their songs.
Weathers Systems is an album released in 2012 that many fans either thought it was a hit or miss, mostly hit. Despite the change to almost nothing but melodic, soothing tunes that you can either lay in bed to or read to, there can be so much atmosphere in just a small amount of music and sound. It really is one of, no, the most beautiful sounding album I've ever heard and I've heard some beautiful sounds in my day. Yes there are epic climaxes towards the end of many tracks but that can ultimately give goosebumps because you just don't see it coming the first maybe even couple extra times through. I can only imagine this being a band for the ages and once you check out their work tell your friends, family, neighbors, or if you would like complete strangers(only if you would like to). For my buddy coverkillernation, he put this at around number 19 on his Top 30 albums of 2012 right above Torture by Cannibal Corpse which is not only ironic but is also really cool to see. Remember, this was the same year that featured The Parallax 2 by Between the Buried and Me, Clockwork Angels by Rush, Phantom Antichrist by Kreator, Woods 5 by Woods of Ypres, Helvetios by Eluveitie, Stalingrad by Accept and also the Monolith of Inhumanity by Cattle Decapitation and this album might very well reach the top 10 of that year.
I give this album a 10/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.

If you would like to critique my work in any way to make it better, I'm all ears. I will give it a shot and keep it in mind.
Expect alot of reviews over the summer. There will be many new albums that need to be checked out and reviewed. Buckle up.