Impermanent Resonance(2013) by James LaBrie | Teen Ink

Impermanent Resonance(2013) by James LaBrie

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Believe it or not, this is progressive metal. It may be due to the fact that its James LaBrie of Dream Theater but that is one of the many reasons. This man has been working on his solo career since the late 90s with Mullmuzzer his original before moving to New York to join Dream Theater. Nonetheless, this is loud, brutal and progressive in origin.
Falling under the Progressive Metalcore category of things, this anime is only about 50 minutes in length and has twelve tracks ranging from about three to five and a half minutes. Many people already knew the single Agony before the album`s release which man thought was a great hope for the upcoming album. Then they listen to it and it truly blows them away.
As for me, this is what helped me get into Dream Theater, but only slightly. Even still, I just can't help but love this. Every track is unique and serves as a standout all their own. Just to name a few of my favorites, Agony, Undertow, I Got You, Holding On, Say Your Still Mine, Lost In the Fire, and I Will Not Break. That just shows how great this album is, but I digress. If you like any kind of Metalcore music, or Dream Theater, you will love this album. What really can go wrong with this one.
I give it a 10/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.

For those about to prog(we salute you).