Origins(2014) by Eluveitie | Teen Ink

Origins(2014) by Eluveitie

April 16, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Released just last year, Origins likes to show off its true epicness, especially when compared to Helvetios. 16 tracks of absolute awesome all the way through including the anthem The Call of the Mountains. Now even though it may not have anything to do with fantasy or some Gaulish war, it does speak of the origins of ancient Switzerland. Now some of you may know the tracks King, The Silver Sister and the previously mentioned The Call of the Mountains. However songs like Celtos, Inception, From Darkness and The Nameless are also highly notable tracks in this album as well. With The Nameless` drums sounding like the band Pathology and Inception being the darkest Eluveitie I can name.
Some of the tracks could be more memorable though, Carry The Touch was supposed to be the finale and Vianna has way to many clean vocals for an epic, heavy track. Other than that some of the solos are magnificent, standard or folk, and I also like the drastic change of sound from Helvetios to this, it just makes the sound ten times more folky and brutal. I really see hardly a problem here.
I will give this a 9.5/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.