Comfort Zone(2015) by Beardfish | Teen Ink

Comfort Zone(2015) by Beardfish

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

I would just like to more that you will likely be seeing a slew of progressive rock album reviews. There will be a couple of time when I do break the norm but that will only be to welcome new band into the roster or for a brand new album, at least for now.
Beardfish, a Swedish progressive rock/metal band than seems to like Pink Floyd and Genesis a whole lot. Anyways, Comfort Zone is the band`s newest album that showcases alot of keyboard, alot of keyboard, as well as some just some good ol` jamming out. There's easily some consistentsy in this album which makes it pretty easy to follow. By the way, has anyone noticed that the new age of prog is mostly settled in Sweden? No? Well, tough, because it seems as if there are so many good bands from Sweden like Opeth, Pain of Salvation and Edge of Sanity. Standing at a run time of well over an hour, this will put you on end until you just get used to it. I will see yet another strong contender for album of the year but that's for much later at the moment. Beardfish has done a great job with this release if I do say so myself and I'm a prog nerd so shut it. The only gripe I have is that there is way to many synths and keyboards, but that is just nit picking to be honest so it really isn't that bad at all come to think of it.
Fans of prog unite for this great release that will transcend space and time as we know it. I don't know about but I feel a strong release with this one and makes a good backdrop for those readers out there as well, or writers it really doesn't matter. I firmly give this a 9/10. This has been the Grim Reaper, signing off.

It is time to share progressive rock to the universe. For the next couple of months or so, I will be releasing reviews of almost nothing but prog. Hope you enjoy what I give you to check out.