Follow The Reaper(2001) by Children Of Bodom | Teen Ink

Follow The Reaper(2001) by Children Of Bodom

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Children of Bodom has so far gotten two album reviews prior to this all of which go backwards in years. Now we review what is arguably their best album yet. Now Finland is known for having people that show a love folk music and Norse Gods like Odin, Thor, and Tyr. But CoB has none of that, instead we have Death metal`s answer to power metal. Right from the first track, you know your in for a ride. With the inclusion of singles like Hate Me and Bodom After Midnight, you can also have some of the most brutal singles in the band`s history. Now I'm not sure about you but for me it almost feels like a concept album of sorts which is supposed to represent their power metal side that is also relevant in various parts of the album. If you love covers then you must check out the song Don't Stop At The Top originally from.Scorpions, might it say, it isn't bad at all.
While I honestly don't see it as good as Hate Crew Deathroll, it will stand on its own for years to come, thus I shall give it an 8.5/10. This has been the Grim Reaper, signing off.

This was my first article done on my phone, what do you think? Was it good for a first try? Any changes you want me to make with reviews? Post in the comments below.

My next review will be Blind Guardian with Imaginations From The Other Side and the The Bards Song single review.