Reincarnation by Galneryus | Teen Ink

Reincarnation by Galneryus

March 7, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


If you know who BABYMETAL or Dir En Grey are, good news, I found yet another J-Metal band for you to enjoy. The name is Galneryus and they are what I like to call sensory overload power metal. The album Reincarnation is one of the definitive examples of what J-Metal should and does sound like. Galneryus is now officially my third favorite power metal band of all time. Following the footsteps of other bands like X Japan and anything of the like they also speak Japanese from time to time as relevent in the first track of the album which is nothing but that. Their music goes sky high in sound and everything fits right together.

Syu and the rest of the band know what they are doing because the are able to make brilliant sounding songs and not make it boring as hell to some people(plus the inclusion of Japanese spices things up as well). This is what I would truely call power metal. It is all a melodic state of speed, and a fun listen at that. Since this album they have gotten better with every release and have been releasing consistant albums every one or two years apart. J-Metal has never been better guys and once you give this group a listen, your not coming back to anything else for a while. I had fun listening to this and you should too.

My rating for this album is a 9.5/10


The author's comments:

Before I reveal My next review here is a question to discuss. Do you think this band could easily fit as an Anime intro? If so, what type of anime and why?