Age of the Joker (2012) by Edguy | Teen Ink

Age of the Joker (2012) by Edguy

February 16, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


As seen with their newest album, Space Police, these are crazy people when it comes to power metal. Toby and the gang have made somwthing a bit more special with this release here. This is really where they pull out all the stops to be funny. For these guys, forget the term power metal, instead use the term Comedy Metal because that's what this band really is.

Age of the Joker is an album that has many a good tracks in it to keep you on your toes. My personal favorite is the track 2 Out of 7 which is more like a love song gone wrong. The final stretch of the song also has the greatest line ever in power metal history. You know a songs good if it could catch you off guard in a good way like that. Believe me it did, I wasn't hardly listening to it until that line came up and slapped me in the face.

This has also made an appearence on The Metal Voice's top 10 albums of 2012 making Number 4 I believe. I love this album with a passion and would love to own it on a vinyl and/or CD. I recommend you check this out if you love power metal, you can say you like Iron Maiden and would may still enjoy it. A sfor the rating I give it a 10/10.


The author's comments:

My next review will be Opeth's Still Life.