British Steel by Judas Priest | Teen Ink

British Steel by Judas Priest

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

The metal gods of the their time in the 80's especially. Since the release of Hell Bent For Leather(or Killing Machine if your in Europe) they have became a bit more popular with their music deciding to make more radio hits that people of the rock fandom may enjoy. Some songs of this nature include Breaking The Law, Living After Midnight, and United all are in the album. I do like most, if not all of the tracks on here and if you get the remastered tracks 10 and 11 being the classic remastered albums of a new song and a live song. In this case the new Red, White, and Blue(because why not) and the track Grinder(Live). Both are not bad to say the least.

With this they also got heavier, smarter, and a new drummer for the 80's albums. Songs like You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise and Metal Gods aren't perfect though. I would consiter them pretty weak in comparison to the rest.

Overall it is a classic in their catelogue. I do recommend this album as a starting point to show what the are. Long live Judas Priest, long live Rob Halford, and long live K.K. Downing(if he's still around.) My rating is simple 9/10

Next Review: Colors by Between the Buried and Me

First Book Review: Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan