The H.O.R.D.E. Festival /*96 | Teen Ink

The H.O.R.D.E. Festival /*96 MAG

The H.O.R.D.E. festival pioneered by Blues Traveler and The Black Crowes has become a household name in rock. Horizons Of Rock Developing Everywhere or H.O.R.D.E. has been in the past an exhibition of local bands, who are looking for that "big break."

John Popper of Blues Traveler organized a menagerie of bands to play on a main stage and a couple of small stages on the side. Bands such as 311, Me'shell N'dege O'Cello, and various other artists played depending on your part of the country. These artists were only filling in time between the stage changes on the main stage. The bands that John Popper put together on the main stage were Lenny Kravitz, Blues Traveler, Rusted Root, King Crimson, and Dave Matthews Band.

The H.O.R.D.E. festival is not only music, but it is also an exhibition of local charities and organizations who need exposure. Some of the booths that were present were the Surfrider Organization, and an AIDS awareness booth. There are a variety of other booths and organizations, depending on the location of the concert.

Overall, the festival was a get-together of different personalities and issues facing us today. The seven-hour festival is definitely an experience worth encountering. Be sure to look into the H.O.R.D.E festival when it comes to your town