Twilight Soundtrack | Teen Ink

Twilight Soundtrack MAG

By Ejm1059 BRONZE, Wexford, Pennsylvania
Ejm1059 BRONZE, Wexford, Pennsylvania

There was one thing besides the movie that die-hard Twilight fans were waiting for this November. On November 4th, the “Twilight” movie soundtrack was released.

To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed pre-ordering the CD. Didn't obsessed fans do that kind of stuff? Didn't teens who scream whenever they see a shiny silver Volvo do that stuff? Was I becoming a crazy Twi-hard?

The first song sets the mood for the album. I think Muse's “Supermassive Black Hole,” which played during the baseball scene, is the best song on the CD. The way its fast-paced rhythm matches the singer's slow but cool voice makes you want to play ball in the rain. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean.

Then there is the band that I believe fits perfectly with the Twilight phenomenon. Paramore has always been a top contender for a spot on this album, and it's not surprising why: their music just screams teen angst. And their song, “Decode,” in my opinion, sets the tone for the entire movie.

I'll admit that the first time I listened to the album, I immediately skipped to track 10. My incentive for buying this CD was to hear Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen in the movie) sing “Never Think.” Since his catapult to stardom, some of his music has appeared on the Internet. So it was no surprise that he would lend his vocals to the soundtrack.

Pattinson's music has been compared to Jeff Buckley: bluesy with lots of groaning. But there is also a soft, subtle quality to his voice – completely swoon-worthy. Yes, I have a crush … leave me be!

Other artists on this album include the Black Ghosts, Iron & Wine, Linkin Park, and Blue Foundation. And of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without “Bella's Lullaby.”

I believe the CD does justice to the book and movie. Though I wish it had more fast-paced songs, I truly enjoyed it.

wordweaver96 PLATINUM, Winchester, Kentucky

" It is not our abilities but our choices that show who we truly are. "
Albus Dumbledore

See, we really DON'T have anything to fear but fear itself!

I loved the soundtrack! This is a great review!

AubreyTRieder PLATINUM, Clark, New Jersey
i guess u couldn't c it lol... but ya i <3 paramore!

Aubrey R. said...

i loved ur review! you had that casual way of writing, and u didn't just say, 'its good,' u explained urself. i read the reviews on teenink often, b/c i write movie and music reviews for my school newspaper, and this has been one of the best yet!

on top of it, i absolutely love the CD! paramore is my favorite band (as u can tell from my profile picture) and i love twilight! :)

5*s! :)

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
I agree he is very nice to Bella. And he opens car doors and stuff for her.....It's sad he left her tough.Not cool, at least it was to protect her.Kinda, from himself.I haven't gotten the sound track.I am questioning if i am a twi-hard to:D i mean it's ok but some things they say are quite fake.Didn't they play the song "your all i have"by Snow Patrol in the scene where there running around the trees???Cause I thught they did but noone mentioned it so maybe not? I renember freaking out cause they played a SnowPatrol song but maybe that was me asleep dreaming????????Still it's awsome u bought the songs!!!!! I want to hear Edward sing:D!!!! hah hah

TheMalfunctioningWallflower BRONZE, Houston, Texas

"GET THE CAT!!!"

"I did wood paneling."

"Do not FEAR the Crooked Zipper!! EMBRACE the Crooked Zipper!!!"

"What's better than infinity?"

"Wear your helmets, we'll be reaching speeds of three!"

"You could walk on your hands and catch up to him!"

I also think Decode and Supermassive Black Hole are great songs Loove them, Twilight and Taylor Lautner

BlackKittie SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
what is so anoying about the soundtrack is that it made a lot of less-known bands that people ignored really popular and now people who liked them in the first place have to put up with a bunch of posers who don't know any songs by the bands but their hit singles and what was on the twilight cd.i love the cd, but hate what it did to those bands.

I love Muse. I hate Twilight. 

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

I'm not really a twilight fan but I have heard the soundtrack and I agree that it is very good... especially paramore's decode... that's my favorite song on the album. Great article

Nimthiriel SILVER, Holland, Michigan

"I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue that I shall some day die, which is not so." -Stephen Leacock

wow, that makes me feel all fuzzy to know that I'm not the only girl in the world that doesn't hate twilight or is completely obessesd with it but is willing to pre-order the soundtrack... I love most of the songs on the soundtrack, but my favorite is track 5, Spotlight, by Mutemath. I also think that Bella's Lullaby should be replaced by New Moon (the MEadow) from the New Moon Soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat.

AnnaEK GOLD said...
AnnaEK GOLD, Oakland, Missouri

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings. "

-Cassius, The Tragedy of Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare.

I'm not really a fan of The Twilight Saga, but I thought the soundtrack was great.  I don't like Robert Pattinson's songs, but Muse, Paramore, and Linkin Park are three of my favorite groups.

Valery5 said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 11:53 am
Valery5, Riverside, California

"What's bad for your heart is good for your art."

I really like the sound track it has good songs

on Apr. 9 2010 at 11:25 am
NikkiNak111 BRONZE, Cadillac, Michigan

Live each day like it's your last because some day it will be

I don't like the movie but I love the Song Flightless Bird by Iron and Wine

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

I really don't like Twilight at all......I read the first 5chapters of every book and was so bored nothing interesting.But i am glad some peopel liek and some don't and thats there opioion and I didn't liek the sound track adn your right Edward soes sound like hes singing thorugh adn m outh full of marshmillows!!!! And Bella doesn't really match up for the movie shes kinda weird, lame and Clingy!!!And Edward is not hot at all!!!Hes weird looking!!! But Jacob(TAYLOR) is so hot... But sorry for everyone who likes them!!! And sorry edward and Bella but i am saying what i think!!!!!!!!

Hollywog. PLATINUM, Mole Creek, Other

It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all..

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi

Honestly?

The fact that you think RPattz and KStew are bad actors and ugly has nothing to to with the soundtrack.

If someone else likes them and appreciates them as good actors, good on them. You don't need to openly diss them.

Annabelle7614, Nunyabusiness, Georgia

This is my favorite personal quote.

I think the guy for Edward should have been more majestic and, well, good looking. The movie really did ruin the book and I'll bet Stephanie Meyer regretted letting it become a movie. Whoever chose the actors should be either sued or put into a mental hospital.

Annabelle7614, Nunyabusiness, Georgia

This is my favorite personal quote.

Me too, I love paramore. I hated Leave Out All The Rest and Bella's Lullaby and me and my BFF started gagging when we heard Robert Pattison singing. I swear, his voice gives me a migraine. Why do all celebrities think they have to make a CD even if they can't sing to save their lives?

Annabelle7614, Nunyabusiness, Georgia

This is my favorite personal quote.

LOL, I totally agree. There are TEACHERS at my school with cardboard cutouts of Jacob Black in their classrooms. It's not easy to concentrate on direct variation with a werewolf staring you down.

Annabelle7614, Nunyabusiness, Georgia

This is my favorite personal quote.

I thought the books were okay and the movie STUNK but the soundtrack was horrible, just horrible. Robert Pattison sounds like he's singing through a mouth full of marshmallows and you can barely understand what he's saying. Definitely not my favorite kind of music. New Moon was awesome, except the motorcycle part and the part when Bella was depressed. Kristen Stewart shows nearly no emotion through the whole movie and speaks too softly. Rob Pattison is ugly and hairy, not the hot vampire most of the readers imagined. I like this review, well written, although I may disagree with some of your opinions.

Ejm1059 BRONZE said...
Ejm1059 BRONZE, Wexford, Pennsylvania
Wow! A year later and I'm still getting reviews! This was a fly by extra credit assignment! Who knew it would still be discussed :] Shamless promotion, but check out the piece I wrote about Interracial Relationships in the media: http ://teenink .com /hot_topics/pride_prejudice/article/174083/Interracial-Relationships-in-the-Media/
Thanks :]

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

"ganbaranakutemo ee nende!" (It's okay even if you didn't do your best!) -Smileage/Tsunku

forgot to mention Bella's lullaby. THAT SONG IS SO AWESOME!!!!!! i've been learning it on the piano, and i'm like obsessed with it. whenever i get home from school, the first thing i do is play the beginning of the song.