slipknot-all hope is gone review | Teen Ink

slipknot-all hope is gone review

September 17, 2008
By Anonymous

Joseph Sariego
Slipknot Album Review

Slipknot is a heavy metal band that was started in 1995 by Shawn Crahan. The band has eight members. Which gives them a larger range of sounds that they can produce. Like how many rock bands do you see with a DJ and two percussionists? This band has their own style in them selves even if you hear one of their heavy metal or really mellow songs you can tell that it is Slipknot playing not some amateur tribute band. They have put out four albums and their newest album “All Hope Is Gone” came out in August 26 2008.
Shawn Crahan started the band in 1995. Since then there have been people leaving and entering the band until it reached its current line up of Corey Taylor, Joey Jordison, Mick Thomson, James Root, Paul Gray, Shawn "Clown" Crahan, Chris Fehn, Craig "133" Jones, and Sid Wilson. The only member who was ‘fired’ from the band was Greg Welts. Slipknot has put out four (studio recorded, official) albums since their inception. They do not recognize the album Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat. as one of their albums because they recorded it when they were under a different band name. Their only live album is 9.0:Live.
Slipknot has a very interesting view of their image and how it relates to their music. They wear masks because they think that it helps take attention away from them and bring attention to their music. They play mostly heavy metal but some times they mix in some mellow songs. They do a great job with their showing this versatility in their newest album because the album has fifteen tracks on it and a little more than half of those songs are heavy metal and the rest are mellower but they still incorporate all of their unique sounds and that eerie scratching of turntables. And the beats that their percussion section creates are amazing. Slipknot’s music is made to sound eerie and its meant to scare all of those who are faint of heart. All of their music has a dark and dreary side.
Their new album ‘All Hope Is Gone’ is a great album even if you don’t like heavy metal music there are some songs on this album that you might like. I thought that this was one of their better albums because all of the songs flowed together well and the quality of the music was great. I don’t think that there are any bad songs on this album. There could have been a little more mellow songs on this album but other than that this was an awesome album. Another aspect of this album is that all of its songs a re a little sadistic and dark. But some of the songs have a little bit of brightness to them but each little glimpse of that brightness is snatched away into the dark of the rest of their music.