Open Till Midnight by Open Till Midnight | Teen Ink

Open Till Midnight by Open Till Midnight

By JaceyCrims BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
JaceyCrims BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida

We all have our personal hells, but it's only when you can find your own heaven you'll make it through.

Who happens to remember Dream Street? In the late 90’s, early 2000’s, this band caused tween girls to fall in love with their high pitched voices, however, it wasn’t until recently that I learned that not only is heartthrob Jesse McCartney still on the music scene, but his former band mate Matt Ballinger still can make a girl swoon through his lyrical talent. Since a band he was in called “The Juice” ended in 2008, he has entered another band called Open Till Midnight.

More adult orientated than the former boy band, the rock inclined genre is based in New York. My attention was directed to them when one of the Dream Street boys auditioned for The Voice, and I listened to “Side Effects of Sipping on Sunshine” and “Stay on Me.” Both songs are at moderate tempo, and very modern-style. While they aren’t mainstream and out there, the group has talent and can go far.

As the years have gone by, Matt Ballinger no longer has the high-pitched voice from his past but a mature sound that can still captivate the female artist. Their MySpace page is still up and running, so if anyone is interested, they should definitely look them up there, on Facebook, or YouTube. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.