Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay | Teen Ink

Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay

By mary.brodeur BRONZE, Westerly, Rhode Island
mary.brodeur BRONZE, Westerly, Rhode Island

"Cause sometimes you just need to throw yourself a party."

Although the name semblances no specific meaning, Coldplay’s latest album “Mylo Xyloto” just may bear the greatest meaning out of all their other albums. For Coldplay, “MX” represents their new mentality, to produce another smashing album on a clean slate. Instead of worrying about the oppressive criticism of the general public, Coldplay has reinstated their efforts to give their listeners another entertaining taste of their brilliance.
Could it be a stroke of genius responsible for Coldplay’s success across the years? Harmonious serendipity? Or sheer literary luck? Many of Coldplay’s fans would argue that the foursome compromising the band simply have had the musical ingenuity and the gift of teamwork that enable them to accomplish what they have done.
Certainly, Mylo Xyloto brings a fresh, contemporary feel to Coldplay’s music which can either be highly depreciated or highly praised. However, there is no denying the stimulating melodies comprising “MX”. Exhilarating hits such as “Hurts Like Heaven” and “Paradise” showcase the bouncy new tunes reveled by lead guitarist Johnny Buckland. The animated falsetto of lead-vocalist Chris Martin highlight tracks “Up in Flames” and “Us Against the World”. Even Rihanna joins in on the fun, killing the thriller duet “Princess of China” with Chris Martin.
When my pre-order of “Mylo Xyloto” finally downloaded, I immediately started to listen to the album, carefully falling in love with Coldplay all over again. I am an avid Coldplay fan, but for those who have never heard Coldplay before, I highly recommend this album. “MX” features just a glimpse of Coldplay’s enchanting melodies and inspiring lyrics. Every time I listen to “Mylo Xyloto”, I find myself tapping my feet along to the music, losing myself in the mystery of Coldplay’s latest majestic musical anthology. I believe you will find yourself doing the same exact thing.