Recovery by Eminem | Teen Ink

Recovery by Eminem

By MusicFan1667 BRONZE, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
MusicFan1667 BRONZE, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania

"The stars will align and you must decide whether or not to walk a million miles and secure an afterlife"

RATING: 3.5 OUT OF 5 STARS

Review: Just over a year after the release of his 2009 album "Relapse" Eminem releases his "Recovery" Eminem features Rihanna, Pink and Lil Wayne on this record and the songs are a bit stripped down, not poking so much fun at Hollywood celebrities. I see two down-sides to this record: 1. There are 17 songs on this record, it is a bit extensive and at times can be boring and 2. It's not the Eminem we know and love, poking fun at Hollywood, Wasington politicians, etc. I don't really want to an hour-some long record with Eminem whining instead of ripping. In the end, I wouldn't buy the entire album on iTunes or in a store, just buy the singles "Not Afraid" "Love the Way You Lie" "Won't Back Down" "Talkin 2 Myself" "Cold Wind Blows" "No Love" and "25 to Life" (most of these songs feature a guest)

TheIdealist SILVER, New York City, New York

"We all die. The goal is not to last forever. It's to create something that does."

Eminem is greatest rapper that ever was.

GrandmasCookies41911 BRONZE, Haslett, Michigan
Eminem is sweet :)

wej206 said...
wej206, Morgantown, West Virginia
I think that just a couple of the songs on this album may be boring but overall this is one of my favorite albums of all time and the majority of the songs are great.

ZJ414 said...
ZJ414, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia

Im a banana, My spoon is too big!

Good review, but i don't think eminem is boring at all. But i also never heard his Recovery album, just a couple of the songs from it. And i don't know how you can call that "Whining", eminem tears all of his songs up.

Mudflap said...
I thought that is album was god. I just don't think that eminem should change the way he raps. It's starting to turn more into pop then rap. I think he is a good rapper and all, but he is not the best person. He hates women, and always talks about hitting them.

just-ryan said...
just-ryan, Garfield, Washington
bro, a rapper with pottential? eminem is on a new level, he doesnt have potential, he is potential

just-ryan said...
just-ryan, Garfield, Washington
bro, idk exactly how you can call it whining, im not wanting to start an arguement, im just saying, theres a lot more people hes connecting to on this level with the RECOVERY album, its more down to earth, and hits lots of issues that lots of people struggled with, like myself for example, trying to quit drug abuse to try and make a new start, and facing all the challenges on the road to recovery, as well as the pain that people suffer in the hopes and attempts to turn thier life around and make an honest person of themselves. Eminem doesnt rip on this so much, he connects with his listeners, he lays down his experiances to try and help others with theres. and realy thats how i see it.

dancerforlifex GOLD, Monson, Massachusetts

The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.

good review, i agree, i wish he would bash celebrities, etc, because that's what made eminem himself. 

although i have to disagree on the songs to buy, i would buy space bound over any song, it's a song with a lot of meaning behind it (minus him rapping about killing himself and strangling his wife), i love it. 

Totally agree.

Jy-rynn BRONZE said...
Jy-rynn BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."

I've been listening to Eminem since he was"spittin in your onion rings" and i do agree with Muiscfan that Eminem rose to fame saying things that no one else dared to say.  Shady rapped about his life while every other rapper was talking about rims, and money and stuff no one cared about. On the Recovery album, i moderately agree with the picks of the best songs on the album. i never grew to like "not afraid" because even though it was sincere it got kind of cheesy after awhile. "Love the way you lie" is a good song, but very popish which is not something Eminem normally does. (Even though he did do a lot of pop on Encore but he was on drugs) Recovery is good because even though Shady hasn't produced an extravagant amount of relatable songs, ei Sing for the Moment and Beautiful, there's nothing wrong with making songs you can realte to like the one's seen on Recovery. Eminem delivers lyricaly on the album (I flow like Troy Polamalu's hair..), but i wasn't fond of the artists featured on the album with the exception of lil wayne. Rihanna? P!nk? when i saw this, i got nervous because those are the people id expect Eminem to go off on in a song and diss them but Eminem has changed for the better and has evolved flawlessly throughout his career because it gets redundant when an artist sounds the same over differents beats on every album. He's NEVER released a bad album, and that includes this one. though it had a poppish sound to it, i can't complain because its not "cookie-cutter" music.

kdiddy. BRONZE said...
kdiddy. BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia
this new album is LEGIT!.

But you're not supposed to RELATE to Eminem's music, you're suppossed to laugh and get goosebumps from how quick he can pass off rhymes, Eminem is on the road to becoming a sell-out

MLStamp SILVER said...
MLStamp SILVER, Annandale, Virginia

Thats what we all are. Ameteurs. We don't live long enough to become anything else. -Charlie Chaplin

Ok. I'll give you that, but everyone tells me he's so much easier to relate to know. And his music touches people in more personal, powerful ways.

I get that and everything, but the old Em was the best, his slick, clever raps were his trademark thing, his constant ripping on celebrities, etc. Made Eminem who he is today, I just don't wanna see another rapper with potential turn into either a pop-star or a preacher.

MLStamp SILVER said...
MLStamp SILVER, Annandale, Virginia

If you would have really listened to the lyrics of a song like "Not Afraid" or "Love the way you lie" you would realize the album isn't about being the same old Eminem. Its about changing for the bette, being a better influence on his family an fans. and never going back to being lost in desperation and self pity. The change in Eminem is better its great rap and its not all about worldly problems but, really about him as a person. just sayin!