Completely, Unbelievably, Awesome Top Jams for the Summer of 2010 by Various Artists | Teen Ink

Completely, Unbelievably, Awesome Top Jams for the Summer of 2010 by Various Artists

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

For months we've been sitting in our boring chemistry classes day-dreaming about the days of summer that are coming our way, and now it's finally here!!!!!! Summer 2010!!!!!! The summer that we've all been waiting for. We all have plans to go to camp, hang out at the beach with our friends, see some awesome, summer blockbusters at our local cinemas, and go see some awesome concerts. But, your summer would not and will never be complete without a bunch of completely, unbelievably, awesome top jams for the summer So, here they are.

#1. "L.A. Baby" by the Jonas Brothers. This is one of the coolest, new songs by the Jonas Brothers. With it's awesome, rock beat, it's a total crowd pleaser that would be perfect at any beach party. Be sure to check this song out when it transforms into the new theme song for the Jonas Brother's Disney Channel show "Jonas L.A."

#2. ""Breakeven" by The Script. With an acoustic guitar as it's base and a soft rock power that includes a heart-grabbing feel, this is the perfect song for anyone. The part that makes this song such a blockbuster of a hit is the wonderfully creative lyrics, and greatly done vocals really attract people to this hit from The Script's self-titled album.

#3. "All the Right Moves" by Onerepublic. A techno flair with Onerepublic's soft rock sound really gives this song a catchy, danceable beat. With it's great sing-along vibe, you'll be pressing that repeat button on your mp3 player many times. You can find this song and many more on Onerepublic's new album "Waking Up."

#4. "Decode" by Paramore. This song has an awesome, heart-grabbing feel mixed with a little bit of sorrow that's created with an awesome guitar solo and heart-felt, emotional vocals that really express the story of the hit movie, "Twilight," which this song was written for. This is the perfect song to play in the car with your gal pals as you all go to see the very anticipated premier of "Eclipse," the third movie in the "Twilight" saga, coming out at the end of June.

#5. "Low Day" by Capra. This song starts with a fun, beachy, California beat that's accompanied with carefree lyrics that will turn your frown upside down. With it's catchy beat and an awesome guitar solo, it's the perfect song to play to start off your, worry-free summer holiday. Be sure to listen to this song and many more hits from this year on "Radio Disney Jams 12."

#6. "Trinity" by Paper Tongues. This song has soulful vocals that include a funky beat and has a likeability that you just can't put into words. This song is a total future hit that's perfect for any summer bash.

#7. "Those Nights" by Skillet is a little soft rock with an awesome edge to it. With it's great lyrics and sing-along feel, it's probably one of the best songs ever done by Skillet. Don't forget to check out their album "Comatose," which includes this and many other Skillet hits.

#8. "Today was a Fairytale" by Taylor Swift starts off with an acoustic guitar that builds into Taylor's normal sound that includes a beautiful orchestra sound underlining the mix. With it's dreamy, fairytale lyrics, it's turned into another hit for Taylor. You can find this hit and many others on the soundtrack for the hit, chick-flick "Valentine's Day."

#9. "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World is an awesome summer jam. It has powerful, meaningful lyrics that send off a great message and has a greatly done chorus to boot.

#10. "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)" by Nine Days is probably one of the most recognizable songs of this century. It's very mainstream and has a wonderful fusion of pop and rock in it that also includes very creative lyrics that are the true shining stars in this song. You can find the edited version of this song on "Now That's What I Call Music!5."

#11. "Just the Girl" by The Click Five is rock infused with techno flavor and slightly popish vocals to create a sound that makes this a total Click Five classic. The fun, story-telling lyrics are the cherries on top of this unforgettable hit.

#12. "According to You" by Orianthi is the next great rock anthem. Orianthi totally shows how talented she really is with her high-flying, rock vocals and her amazing guitar solos. With an unspeakable power and drive and unforgettable lyrics, it's a song that will live in every listener's mind forever.

#13. "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams. What would summer be without this classic. Bryan's vocals are the driving force of this guitar based song. The lyrics are universal and are perfect for commemorating all summers past, present, and future as they talk about summer movies, summer love, and everything in between that happens on summer break.

#14. "Heaven can Wait" by We The Kings. This song has techno flair with the fun, rock sound that we're used to hearing from these guys. This mix of techno and fun, rock really gives this song a very unique outlook, which includes fun lyrics to boot. It's danceable beat will have you jumping out of your chair and partying like a superstar with your friends all summer long.

Well, there you have it. The completely, unbelievably, awesome top jams for the summer of 2010 that will be perfect for any adventure that you have this summer. But the complete, unbelievable, awesoemness doesn't stop here. There's a lot more completely, unbelievably, awesome summer jams out there. They're waiting for you to find them as you go on your fun summer advetures. So, get out there and have some fun this summer as you rock out to these and many other awesome hits. Enjoy!

HeatherBee BRONZE, I Live In, Texas

Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect

LA LA BABEH!!!!:DDDD hehe and some of those songs are kinda old, dont ya think?? who cares, theyr still awesome;)