Britney Spears. by Britney Spears | Teen Ink

Britney Spears. by Britney Spears

By Cori Fine GOLD, Congers, New York
Cori Fine GOLD, Congers, New York

Ah, Britney Spears. Where do I even start? Most people think she is not talented or that she is a terrible mother or that she is one of the worst role models. But none of these things matter to me. Yes, some of the decisions that she has made are wrong, but how else are you supposed to learn? Most of the artists these days don’t have many talents, but what matters is what they do with their talents. Do they love doing what they do? Do they appreciate their fans? I believe that these are all factors which matter when it comes to a musical performer. After attending her concert, Britney Spears answered “yes” to all of my questions.
When my mom told me we got tickets, I cried. Of course, we waited until the last minute to get tickets, so this was even more of a thrill for me. But, that was only the beginning. On the way to the concert, there was bumper to bumper traffic for miles. The moment I got out of the car, I heard people chanting, I saw people dressed up and I immediately knew I was finally there. Entering the theater the noise just got louder and louder with every step I took. The lines at the concert were insane. I’ve never been to a more crowded or congested place before. But you can just feel happiness and high spirits in the breeze of the air. Finally, when I got to my seats I felt the adrenaline move through my veins. The lights went off, and she appeared.
The first song began. In every direction I looked, I saw fans screaming, singing, laughing, and enjoying her concert. The techno-like beats in the background blasted and her crazy lyrics just made me want to get up and dance. When I dance, nothing gets in my way. I forget about the real world and just let loose; and that’s what her music does to me. When she started to dance and sing, I danced and sang with her, along with the rest of the crowd. For every different outfit she changed into and every scene change that was arranged, I whipped out my camera to make sure I would have a memory of it. I remember the couple sitting next to me kept on looking at me and smiling to my mother because they realized how much I appreciated the seats. They weren’t the best seats in the world, but it was a Britney Spears concert! When she performed her last song and disappeared, the crowd went crazy to thank her for her wonderful show. When the lights didn’t go on, that’s when I went crazy, because I knew they’re was going to be an encore.
She spoke her last words and her goodbye was waved. I will never forget that day, the day I went to a Britney Spears concert.