A Fever You Can´t Sweat Out- A Review | Teen Ink

A Fever You Can´t Sweat Out- A Review

February 18, 2020
By welma24 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
welma24 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out is the first studio album by the band Panic! at the Disco. It was released on September 27th, 2005. Panic! at the Disco was a band formed in 2004, its original members being Brendon Urie, Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith, and Brent Wilson. Since then, the band has split and the only original member remaining is Brendon Urie. Ryan Ross, the former guitarist wrote A Fever You Can't Sweat Out in its entirety.

´There's a Good Reason These Tables are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of It Yet´ is my personal favorite. This song sort of tells a story about wanting to stand out and be perfect at a party, but feeling that someone else is better than you. Another favorite of mine is ´Build God, Then We'll Talk´. This song is like a play on the song ´My Favorite Things´ from The Sound of Music. Instead of being all about the narrator's favorite things, the things he is listing off slowly get more gruesome. ´I Write Sins Not Tragedies´ is the most well known off the album and is what really got the band out there. 

The main genres this album is sorted into are pop punk and baroque pop. There´s occasional harpsichord and accordian which really stands out and makes it unique. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, being their first studio album, is totally different from all the others. Every single one of Panic! at the Disco's albums are different in some way, which makes it perfect for anyone. I really do enjoy bands that have a variety of genres so there is something for every mood and every person.  

For the most part, the album keeps an upbeat tone while dealing with deep subjects. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out is definitely one of my favorites of all time. It has beats you can dance to and lyrics you can sing along with, which is amazing.


The author's comments:

This a brief review of one of my favorite albums.