In-Depth Review of Songs, #1; “Enter Sandman”-Metallica | Teen Ink

In-Depth Review of Songs, #1; “Enter Sandman”-Metallica

By Landon_Maggard12 SILVER, Seymour, Tennessee
Landon_Maggard12 SILVER, Seymour, Tennessee

Rap is just to me very annoying. - James Hetfield

You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored. - Cliff Burton

This is a new series I will start, or maybe a one-off, where I give my thoughts and opinions on my favorite songs. In this edition, I'll be reviewing "Enter Sandman" by Metallica.

THE MUSIC

The music reviews only count the instruments, with vocals being a different section. To begin,"Enter Sandman" has the iconic riff, one of the most famous in Rock/Metal. The Bass and Lead Guitars compliment each other nicely. Then there's the drums, another amazing part of the song. Put them together and there's an awesome track.

VOCALS

The vocals are iconic as well, with the opening line of "Say your prayers, little one, don't forget my son to include everyone"; and the even more famous line" Exit light, enter night, take my hand, we're off to never never land!" Also including a father-and-son prayer in middle, possibly referring to the line "say your prayers little one..."

PLAYABILITY

This may be the first song most people think of when they hear Metallica mentioned. Some think it's overplayed and some think not. I fall in the middle of that spectrum.

Thank you for reading!