Dunkirk | Teen Ink

Dunkirk

June 5, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 Dunkirk is a historical fiction movie based off of a true story that is beautifully directed by the famous director: Christopher Nolan. Nolan is most famous for his work with the Batman movies, but this movie is just as good, if not better, than the incredible trilogy. Based off of real historical events, during World War II, while the Germans invaded France and trapped Allied troops on beaches. Troops were slowly evacuated, but the enemies planes continued to bomb down troops. Using every vessel possible, mililatary and civilian, soldiers started to make their way home. Eventually, over 30,000 troops were returned to their homes, but their stories are heart-warming, adventurous, exciting, and help to make a very well done movie. 

 The movie has incredible visual effects and is directed to its finest capability. Although the movie lacks dialogue, in every which way possible, the film more than makes up for itself with its incredible story line. When people say that this movie has little to none talking scenes, their not exaggerating. The amount of scenes where people talk for more than one line could probably be counted on two hands. However, the movie is stupendous and truly is a must see. There definitely is a reason why this movie was nominated for so many awards. Dunkirk is more than worthy of their 92% review from Rotten Tomatoes. 


The author's comments:

The director of the Batman trilogy movies comes back better than ever. Christopher Nolan directs one for the ages.