Pump Up The Volume | Teen Ink

Pump Up The Volume MAG

"Pump up the Volume" starring Christian Slater, is one of the best movies of last summer. It is all about teens and their problems. Christian Slater plays Mark Hunter, a boy from the East who moves with his mother and father to Paradise Hills, Arizona, a seemingly perfect suburb.

Things are not as they seem. The principal expels students for being pregnant and to raise the school's academic average.

Mark is just a little bit frustrated with suburban life, so at 10: 00 every night he becomes Happy Harry Hardon (Hard Harry), a cynical dj on a pirate radio station from his basement. The teachers don't like him because he is waking up the students to the unfairness they are being handed. If I told you anything else, I would truly be ruining it for you (check out the microwave scene).

The music is great, totally pumping. The acting is superb by Slater. . Overall, the movie gives a feeling of reality, as if I were there myself. Very involving, there were many vulgarities and nasty talk, but it all serves a purpose. Great movie!!n