Shooter | Teen Ink

Shooter

November 14, 2008
By Anonymous

Shooter is an action film starring Mark Wahlberg. Wahlberg plays Bob Lee Swagger a former marine scout sniper. Swagger lives with his dog in a cabin located in the mountains which were shot in British Columbia. One day Swagger is visited by Col. Isaac Johnson and is informed that there is a plot to kill the president and Swagger is needed to stop it. Swagger is then on the run from the government and becomes one of the most hunted men in America because he doesn't want to take part.
This movie was a great action/thriller; it had a lot of awesome war scenes. The special effects were very good and realistic, from people getting shot in the head to car chases; I couldn't find a single flaw. One of the best parts in the film is when Swagger and a fellow sniper are hiding up on a hill and snipe out enemies, the gruesomeness of the terrorists being shot in the head was very realistic. The acting in this movie was some of the best I have ever seen from Mark Wahlberg and Danny Glover. The storyline was great and the end was a very unexpected surprise.
This movie was instantly one of my favorites and I have never seen an action movie like it. Anyone who likes action/thrillers and great acting will love this film. Altogether I give this film 8.5 out of 10 stars for its great acting and special effects.